PDA

View Full Version : referral to IAPT with schizophrenia

tiger90
21-04-17, 17:48
I am suffering from what i think are signs of schizophrenia . I saw my GP in February who made a referral to IAPT . But i argued with her saying that i needed to be seen by the CMHT . But they still won't refer me to CMHT

I need help with daily living like preparing meals etc . Everytime i explain this to my gp surgery . They just say to contact IAPT when i feel better again .

Can i complain ? and how do i get seen my the cmht ? . I thought you would be seen asap if your presenting signs of schizophrenia

Please help thanks

Benjammin69
21-04-17, 18:00
I am suffering from what i think are signs of schizophrenia . I saw my GP in February who made a referral to IAPT . But i argued with her saying that i needed to be seen by the CMHT . But they still won't refer me to CMHT

I need help with daily living like preparing meals etc . Everytime i explain this to my gp surgery . They just say to contact IAPT when i feel better again .

Can i complain ? and how do i get seen my the cmht ? . I thought you would be seen asap if your presenting signs of schizophrenia

Please help thanks

Hi,

What signs of schizophrenic are you showing? Are you known to the mental health team yet? What's your doctors diagnosis? Was you seen by a gp or a senior gp? What county do you live in? Sorry for all the questions but I could then talk to you about my experience etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger90
21-04-17, 18:09
Hi,

What signs of schizophrenic are you showing? Are you known to the mental health team yet? What's your doctors diagnosis? Was you seen by a gp or a senior gp? What county do you live in? Sorry for all the questions but I could then talk to you about my experience etc

Pretty much all of them mostly social withdrawl , thoughts been controlled . hallucinations .

Senior Gp has seen me . I live in the UK . I was first seen in 2010 by the early intervention psychosis team for 3 years . then back to gp in 2013 and did not have any contact with any one until 2017 due to serious depression . They have never given me a diagnosis yet .

Benjammin69
21-04-17, 19:00
Pretty much all of them mostly social withdrawl , thoughts been controlled . hallucinations .

Senior Gp has seen me . I live in the UK . I was first seen in 2010 by the early intervention psychosis team for 3 years . then back to gp in 2013 and did not have any contact with any one until 2017 due to serious depression . They have never given me a diagnosis yet .

Has anyone diagnosed you? Or are you diagnosing yourself? Are you on any meds? What did the early intervention team say/do?

So I have had a couple of bouts of clinical depression/suicidal... I have rapid obsessive thoughts/suicidal thoughts/I socially withdraw and I have anxiety and panic.... best thing for you to do is ring the crisis team for your boroughs mental health team explain to them you are in a crisis - as it sounds like you are. They will refer you to the cmht and you should be able to see a psych pretty pronto.

I'm under the care of my cmht/psych and they believe I have clinical depression and severe anxiety... so it's hard to think they won't take you on.

Be abit forward with your 'crisis'

MyNameIsTerry
23-04-17, 02:24
You could follow the NHS complaints procedure. This gives you the optio of a local complaint to the practice manager or an external one. You will find the webpages on NHS choices if you Google it.

You could speak to the PALS service for advice on what to do but they won't deal with your health.

The GP doesn't believe you are showing signs hence not referring you to the CMHT. Access to them is on referral.

The IAPT could assess you to find your symptoms are beyond anxiety and refer you back to your GP but if you self refer, I'm not sure they will do that as they won't have their details to do so. This is going to cause unneccesary delays though.

As said above, there is the Crisis Team. You shouldn't need to do this but at least they are more experienced in mental health as they are nurses, they will likely have worked in CMHT roles anyway.