PDA

View Full Version : A Nmp Book ?

mirry
30-04-07, 18:32
Hi everyone,

Whilst on holiday I was missing NMP soooooooo much and had a brill idea (well I think so anyway,lol). A way of raising funds for NMP would be to make a book. Basically the book would be made up using top tips from this web site, ideas from real people who have real anxiety / panic/ etc.

No one has produced a book like this before and I think it would go down a storm :yesyes: , and the book could be called NMP maybe ?
ok , maybe I have had too much sun but I would LOVE a book like that!!!

nomorepanic
30-04-07, 19:43
Mirry

Excellent idea!

It doesn't even need to be a book really. It could be a pamphlet type thing with tips etc in and quick bullet points on how to cope and positive things to say etc.

Not sure how we go about writing it - probably needs someone to pick out all the top tips on here and positive mantras etc and get them in a document that we can then print.

Any offers?

mirry
30-04-07, 20:23
ooooo Nic glad you like the idea :yesyes: .

I often visit a web site by Martin lewis ,money saving expert and they have published a few books all about members money saving tips and it has been a big seller.....this is where I got the idea from :winks: .

Nic I think you could actually go "big" with a book like this :shrug: ,

How about Tips on how to control your breathing/ how to overcome agrophobia/herbal help/ book recommendations/support references/
It could even have poems or jokes written by NMP members.

Oh , also the funny side of anxiety (like the one Piglet posted a while back).

I would love to help with this project please,
mmmmmmm now my brain is going over time ,
Can I place my order now ?:winks: .

EebyJeeby
30-04-07, 20:29
Hi Nic,

I'm already writing an anxiety book, so I guess I could put something (specific to NMP) together as a bit of a sideline.

Eeb x

honeybee
30-04-07, 20:37
i think that could be such a great idea... i personally have no money to put into anything like that.... its one of those things where you'll have to put in money to make money... without worrying about the money aspect of it though i think the finally product would be fab

nomorepanic
30-04-07, 20:55
I think a book may be a bit adventurous at the moment but certainly a pamphlet type thing that members off here could purchase and the cost would be low.

I don't have much free time to look into all the aspects of this at the moment so any help Mirry will be fab.

Eeb - Oh Tell us more - didn't know about that. How is it going?

t0rt01se36
30-04-07, 21:02
I'll take photo's for pamphlet

normalwisdom
30-04-07, 21:26
Can I have a poster....keyring..........sunglasses.........what ever just saying JFDI. Maybe a pamphlet behind the idea for that quote would be a good one. That has always stuck in my mind from this site and it really helps. I always take my "little book of happiness" with me when I go places I am not sure of so I think a JFDI book/pamphlet would be nice with just some quotes and things:D

Ross
30-04-07, 21:40
I think its a grand idea. A publication brought forward by members.

I would be more than willing to offer any assistance I can, especially with regards to page design, layouts etc.

groovygranny
30-04-07, 21:52
Absolutely brilliant idea!:emot-bulbman:

Pamphlet, book - I don't mind!:yesyes:

Maybe it'll keep me out of all those situations I keep getting myself into!!:emot-shakehead:

normalwisdom
30-04-07, 22:30
No book for granny please...she cheers me up with her "situations" lol:blush: :winks: :yesyes:

Piglet
30-04-07, 22:45
Ooooh that sounds great.:yesyes:

I have a homemade journal that I call 'My Wobbly Book of Hints and Tips' that I started about 3 years ago to help me record down all the things I have tried and all the books I've read, plus symptoms and other headings too.

I did an index at the front using the alphabet and then gave 2 blank pages to each letter of the alphabet.

I add to this book everyso often and now its a little font of all knowledge - I also doodle lots of flowers and things with colours to jazz it up abit.

I left plenty of blank pages at the back for me to write notes - I reread it again recently noticing all the times palpations had bothered me and the advice I'd been given at the time - this reassured me allover again lol!!

If you like I can bring it out tomorrow and give and example of letter of the alphabet and the issues listed underneath it.

Just some ideas to throw in the pot.

Ross could certainly jazz up what ever we do scriptwise to make it easy and appealing to read. :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

darkangel
30-04-07, 23:10
brilliant idea

i also keep a folder with how ive been over the past 10 years and i look through to remind me of tips i had forgotton about or to remind me just how far ive come. Last year before going on holiday, I printed off the posts that I thought would help me - in particular the one from everyone giving me encouragement on coping with my holiday. I did find it helpful and reassuring to have it with me.

luv darkangel x

yorkylover
30-04-07, 23:46
I think its a great idea:yesyes:

mirry
01-05-07, 07:27
I had some real wobbly moments this week whilst on my holiday, one day I was in tears because of my anxiety, so a book by NMP would of been lovely to have to hand. Also It would be nice if it had peoples screen names written in it (cos it would be comforting).......like a mention of whos tip came from who.
Piglet ,Id love to see examples of your wobbly book !

mirry
01-05-07, 07:34
normal wisdom..
how about it comes with a book mark saying JFDI ?

ksmith
01-05-07, 09:21
When I was at my worse and going on holiday, I printed pages off this site giving tips for dealing with panic etc. As you can imagine, over the fortnight, they became pretty dog-eared in my handbag. A pamphlet would be brilliant to carry around, particularly when travelling.

I also think 'home produced' literature would have more credibility than a book written by 'experts' as many of us have our own stories to tell about how we have overcome the worst aspects of panic and nerves. I would certainly buy one for myself and perhaps a few extra for other people I know who would benefit from such a publication.

Kay x

Paddington
01-05-07, 10:12
What a wonderful Idea:yesyes: not sure what i can contribute ,but any help needed just say the word:D Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mirry
01-05-07, 12:37
How about we begin with a title ? Do you have any ideas Nic ?
I like the idea of it having anxiety in the title because it would make it stand
out if you were to sell it on ebay or in shops (why not).

Maybe we should do a poll ?

domino
01-05-07, 13:49
Names for book, i like book of happiness, or maybe, turn around. or even j.f.d.i. you,ve got me started now, {sod the ironing}:)

domino
01-05-07, 13:58
How about the first letter of our user names, and then pick a name from that, a bit ambious i know. {excuse spelling}

mirry
01-05-07, 15:59
lol rickards, Its too hot to Iron !

NMP anxiety help ?
JFDI with NMP ?

nomorepanic
01-05-07, 19:29
I bet Piglet will come up with some good names - she is good that sort of thing!

Piglet
01-05-07, 21:46
:flowers: Hints and tips for the wobbly days of life!!:flowers:
Compiled by the members of NMP

:flowers: Kick anxiety up the backside!:flowers:
'Helpful hints and tips'

Either of those any good?

Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
01-05-07, 21:55
So what is going in it?

Coping statements
Coping techniques
Health remedies that work / vitamins etc
Where to find Hypnotherapists/counsellors/CBT etc
Crisis phone numbers?

Any other ideas?

Piglet
01-05-07, 23:11
If I get time tomorrow mate I will bring down my book and see what all the headings are and see what else we might want to include.

mirry
02-05-07, 07:41
Piglet , I like the wobbly title best but also like the word anxiety in the title because it grabs attention.
Nicola,
I think some info about ....
Mindfulness would be nice as this it is used along with CBT (maybe sky would donate an article?)

mirry
02-05-07, 07:45
And also about the lighter side of anxiety.....funny Jokes & poems maybe ?

Sax
02-05-07, 08:11
:yesyes: :yesyes: nice idea Mirry well done x

Piglet
02-05-07, 12:44
This is what's on the contents page of my little book;

A - Affirmations , Aromatherapy, Anger, Anxiety, Agoraphobia.

B - Breathing, Bach Flower Rememdies.

C - Core strengths, Cooking, Communication, Creativity.

D - Desensitisation, Dizziness.

E - Exercise.

F - Fun.

G -

H - Happiness, Health, Hyperventilation Syndrome.

I -

J -

K -

L - Learning.

M - Motivation, Mindfulness, Meditation, Moods.

N - Nutrition

O -

P - Positive thinking, Panic attacks, Perspective, Protein.

Q - Quotations.

R - Reseach, Reading, Relaxation, Rest.

S - Spiritual, Sleep, Small steps. Self-esteem.

T - Thoughts, Treats, Talking.

U -

V - Vitamins.

W - Walking.

X -

Y - Yoga.

Z - Zoning.

Phew - well there are a few topics to maybe think about including. It looks a lot but when you just actually include the odd bit about the important ones it doesn't actually take up a lot of room . After all we aiming for a pamphlet really arnt we rather than 'War and Peace.!!

Piglet :flowers:

skylight2007
02-05-07, 12:52
:hugs: :hugs:

Hiya all hope your all well!!!! Piglet love the use of the alphabet idea!!!!

I think its a brill idea to have a pamplet!!! Here is short article hope it helps!! I too was thinking of space!!!

CHANGE THE BELIEF CHANGE THE EXPERIENCE!!!

Always remember you have the Power to change your thinking!!!!

See the person you want to be in the Here and Now!!!

Recognise the Inner dialogue of Positive thinking!!

Remember our thinking creates our living experience and for the anxiety sufferer CHANGE STARTS NOW!!!!!

The Power of Now is simply this basic exercise of Self awareness, cause and affect!!!

I THINK CONFIDENT (Positive thinking using positive affirmations)

I FEEL CONFIDENT (I feel good, worthy, accepted, appreciated and valued)

I SEE CONFIDENCE (Positive self belief, self image, self worth, self acceptance and self respect)

I ACT CONFIDENT!!! (I am happy, contented, focused, calm, relaxed and clear thinking!!)

AS I THINK SO I BECOME, I HAVE A CHOICE TO BE WHO I AM!!!

Hope this helps.

Love Sky:hugs:

mirry
02-05-07, 12:58
wow Piglet that seems plenty to me !
well done.

It may be a good idea for one person to be assigned to each topic ?
It could be just taking notes from the forum?

mirry
02-05-07, 13:00
ahhhhhhhhh Sky, thats spot on !
I knew you could do it.

Paddington
02-05-07, 13:01
Sky ,that is a wonderful little gem hun:hugs: Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mirry
02-05-07, 13:03
I will attempt to write a bit on THOUGHTS if thats ok ?

I will set to it today !

Piglet
02-05-07, 13:05
Hints and Tips for the Wobbly Anxious Days of Life

Help yourself feel better!
Hints and Tips for coping with panic and anxiety

Quite like this last one actually - simple and to the point isn't it and if you can imagine the site logo on the page too.

Paddington
02-05-07, 13:06
I like that one too piglet:hugs: Paddie.xxxx

mirry
02-05-07, 13:25
Yes, I really like the last one Piglet !

what do you think Nic ?

mirry
02-05-07, 13:25
must say I am really enjoying this, certainly takes my mind of my anxiety.

mirry
02-05-07, 13:47
who do I send my article too ? lol.

If we keep posting our work on here then no one will buy the book :ohmy: , lol.

Ammeg
02-05-07, 14:20
Wot a fab idea..... i like the 'kick axiety up the backside' title piglet.... that is soooo wot u got to do!!! Ive had one book published about a welsh guy lol as well as 3 mini books about anxiety, panics and agoraphobia so if you need another helper let me know!! :yesyes:
Gemxxx

Southern_Belle
02-05-07, 15:58
I think it is also a fabulous idea.

As far as the alphabet idea:

U could be for understanding. On how to cope with others not understanding our fears and depression, etc.

Laura

Piglet
02-05-07, 15:58
Mirry send it to Nic hun. :yesyes:

Gem - gosh mate I am sure your input will be really useful, how fab to have done this, where could we see your books????

nomorepanic
02-05-07, 19:05
I love all of Piglet's slogans

Got the PM thanks Mirry.

We still need someone to trawl the website for all the good stuff lol

mirry
02-05-07, 20:13
Nic I would love the poem by Edward Jones aka Hurtsomuch.....called
"No more panic" to be used in the book, it is perfect !

skylight2007
10-05-07, 10:45
Any updates on the progress of the NMP booklet? !!!!!
Would be lovely to see this happen!!

Love Sky:flowers:

clickaway
10-05-07, 12:13
"O" could be for optimism!

Is the booklet going to be illustrated? If anyone has any themes they might want, I could try and dream up some kind of photo. Here I some I made up earlier lol http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=photos

skylight2007
10-05-07, 15:16
:ohmy: oh my goodness those pics are fantastic Ray!!!! speaks volumes to the anxiety sufferer!!!

I really really love the ' Losing our way' Pic, think that images says it all, and of course the best way is always forward!!! and I do believe finding our own direction and what works for us comes from within!!!! Great Pic, thanks for sharing!!! just had to come on and tell you!!!

Sky:yesyes:

nomorepanic
10-05-07, 21:21
Ray - I corrected the missing one for you now.

Sky - it needs someone who has time to do it all. I just don't have the time at the moment with working full time and all the other stuff I have going on.

mirry
11-05-07, 06:52
Yes it is a big project and lately Ived been going thru a blip so needed time out but Im feeling a bit brighter now so would like to get involved somehow.

Do you all think it would be better to have one person to collect information for each title ?

Maybe thats the way to go ?

The Fool
11-05-07, 08:49
i think it is a fab idea you could have a list of herble remedies on keeping your stress down to