PDA

View Full Version : Ladies please weigh in

NoahsMom
21-04-17, 21:20
Hey ladies I have a question for anyone who is on birth control.....I recently was diagnosed with pcos so my obgyn prescribed me some birth control to regulate my periods...anyway, I am terrified of birth control pills as I have heard about them causing blood clots that lead to stroke or PE!!!!! I am soooo scared to start this pill it's called Blisovi Fe 1/20. Anyone on this pill? Please let me know ladies if anyone has given this pill a try I am scared to die because of this stupid pill

PASchoolSyndrome
21-04-17, 23:10
That's a low dose estrogen pill.

Yes, estrogen does increase the risk of blood clots, but it is unlikely to happen simply due to a birth control pill. Continuento live your life like normal. Don't go long periods of times without ever using your legs, like normal. You will be fine. You're doctor wouldn't have prescribed it if you were at risk for anything of the sort.

Forest87
22-04-17, 08:45
Hiya, I also have PCOS and refused the pill as it only masks the symptoms of pcos while you are taking it. The best thing for PCOS is a low carb diet and plenty of exercise if you don't already do it. I lost 28 pounds and my cycles returned to normal and I started ovulating again. Even slim people with PCOS can be slightly insulin resistant, so can still benefit from reducing the bad carbs and sticking To the healthy ones. Acupuncture also helps me too. As for the excess hair there are some good creams etc. I also take a vitamin D supplement as recommended by my dietician. If the pill is going to cause you worry don't take it straight away and see if natural things will help