PDA

View Full Version : Fear of schizophrenia

Brad10
22-04-17, 00:40
I've been going through anxiety and depersonalization for the last 2 or so years and I'm so scared of developing schizophrenia I'm 19 and got the depersonalization at 17 it's scaring me :(

BrokenAge
23-04-17, 06:56
Brad, I know how you feel. I'm 18 and I've delt with DP since I was 15. The fear of schizophrenia can be Intense. If I'm to be honest with you, I'm having my bouts of anxiety that trigger my fear too. To make it short and sweet. Schizophrenic's don't worry about becoming schizophrenic. They're not in touch with reality to question their own sanity. A rule of thumb that my old counselor told me was "You can't questions your sanity and be insane at the same time" if you question your mental state and think "Oh my god, I must be going crazy!" You're not insane.

Brad10
24-04-17, 02:02
Brad, I know how you feel. I'm 18 and I've delt with DP since I was 15. The fear of schizophrenia can be Intense. If I'm to be honest with you, I'm having my bouts of anxiety that trigger my fear too. To make it short and sweet. Schizophrenic's don't worry about becoming schizophrenic. They're not in touch with reality to question their own sanity. A rule of thumb that my old counselor told me was "You can't questions your sanity and be insane at the same time" if you question your mental state and think "Oh my god, I must be going crazy!" You're not insane.

Thank you, yah I had this fear 2 years ago when I turned 17 I was scared what if I'm hearing voices and hallucinating which made it feel real because I was so anxious