PDA

View Full Version : Deep sharp chest pains

Thelegend27
22-04-17, 19:51
I'm posting on the behalf of someone else and he doesn't know I'm asking this, but for a couple of years now he's been having these sharp deep chest pains in the center of his chest, he refuses to see a doctor and it was so bad one time he nearly went to the er and he never goes to the er. He's 25 and his mother passed away from coronary artery disease a few years back so that right there sent up red flags when he started getting these chest pains. I know it bothers him mentally because he's brought it up on several occasions. He does drink I'm not sure how much but I know it's often and he also smokes cigarettes. I'm not sure what to tell him, I've told him to see a doctor but his response is "I'm not too worried about it" he also had his cholesterol checked for a job he got and found out he has high cholesterol it's not very high but it's well above the normal limits and also his good cholesterol is lower than normal so his ratio is pretty high at like 6 something. He's not over weight. So what good advice can I given him? He's my cousin so I am concerned for him I think strokes run on his grandmothers side of the family and I am related to him through his grandfather which was my uncle.

anx mum
22-04-17, 20:23
I'm sorry to hear your friend has been getting chest pains how long has this been? I too have been getting chest pains but with me I fear the worse. He really does need to see gp to put hes mind at rest. Can u go with him to drs? Maybe hes scared because of family history losing a loved one has gotta have a affect on u