PDA

View Full Version : Is this OCD? overactive imagination?

scorpionwhispers
23-04-17, 11:32
Hi,

This has been bothering me for a while. I am always drawn to mysteries and almost torture myself watching videos on youtube about mysterious disappearances (people who acted out of character then disappeared) and sudden deaths etc. I tend to find myself watching things about unexplained things as well (Pretty much anything TOP 5 user puts on Youtube). Also conspiracy theories such as the thin men and so on.

However some of them are about weird radio noises, broadcast interruptions, youtube channels with just weird patterns and noises etc etc. Now I want to watch them but can't as my thinking goes all over the place about secret messages and mind control and random things. I can rationalise...I don't believe watching a video of strange noises will have lead to Government agencies being able to control me. Films and so on don't help as some I've watched have this plot line which is obviously why I think about it!

So I've been thinking, is this OCD, intrusive thoughts or overactive imagination? Anyone think anything similar?

Tom1992
23-04-17, 11:39
You say you can rationalise just fine?

scorpionwhispers
23-04-17, 17:32
I can right now but at the time my thoughts spiral out of control