PDA

View Full Version : Twitching/Spasms

gorillapanic
23-04-17, 21:59
Three days ago, my lower left eyelid began to twitch. It's been happening everyday ever since and lasts for 10 to 20 seconds. It happens nearly the whole day, too. The thing is, my lip also starts twitching but it's not really obvious unless I scrunch it up and pull it up on purpose. Now it has affected my nose, too. It doesn't last long but it's annoying. It seems to go away when I'm doing something else to my face. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if it's related but I've been having the worst neck:blush: and jaw pain. I don't know if it's from anxiety or the fact that my tooth really hurts. I've had anxiety since three years ago.

poppadr3w
24-04-17, 00:14
I am not a doctor, but many times my eyelids have had spasms that were constant up to even a couple of days! When my anxiety is high, I'll even get other body parts that twitch - my face included.

One thing my doctor suggested is taking Magnesium. It helps with the spasms if you're deficient. You may also be dehydrated, so intake some sodium and plenty of water - something that many people do not drink enough of every single day.

walkerbull
24-04-17, 01:04
If I recall correctly, my muscle spasms became worse when I became more anxious.

florida94
24-04-17, 01:21
Spasms can usually get worse when you worry a bout them. Try not to put any more added pressure and focus on them as you would think. Try to get some good sleep, eat healthier, and exercise.

gorillapanic
27-04-17, 17:38
I am not a doctor, but many times my eyelids have had spasms that were constant up to even a couple of days! When my anxiety is high, I'll even get other body parts that twitch - my face included.

One thing my doctor suggested is taking Magnesium. It helps with the spasms if you're deficient. You may also be dehydrated, so intake some sodium and plenty of water - something that many people do not drink enough of every single day.

Thank you. This really helps. I've been panicking a lot because of it and it might somehow be because I need new glasses. I am nearsighted and it has been giving me headaches.

Josh1234
27-04-17, 18:15
I've twitched every day, in every part of my body, for the last 14 months straight. You're ok.