PDA

View Full Version : Gerd/reflux for 5 days.

Kez_miller
24-04-17, 00:03
Hi friends.

So, a few days ago I posted about the feeling of needing to take a deep breath but not being able to. I was told it may be IBS/GERD/Reflux and I somewhat agree because not only the deep breathing but I am getting the Hoarse voice, bloated stomach, bowel movements are not great except for the odd bout of diarrhea. But I'm on 5 days now and the symptoms haven't deceased. They're still here and they just won't go away. Can you really have GERD or reflux for a week non stop without any relief. It's the breathing symptoms that is making me anxious. :scared15:

ChildOfTheKing
24-04-17, 00:37
GERD can go on for a long time. Have you been taking any meds for it?

florida94
24-04-17, 00:43
I recommend going to a doctor and asking for professional advice.

But if that's not an option tonight, grab a bit of TUMS or anything for acid relief.

I recommend also taking ginger tea. you can also buy ginger in itself, open it up, and put a small piece in a boiling cup of hot water and let it seep. Drinking this will help relieve some kind of tension to yourself stomach. Your body also may need to be rebooted. Try stretching and working out. Any form of exercise will help with giving your body the strength it needs.

Clydesdale Epona
24-04-17, 08:39
I'd recommend going to the doctors as well x
Acid reflux is relentless and yes it can last a whole week, IBS flare ups get worse with bad anxiety so you could have that too, I'd make a doctors appointment and see if they can give you any medication x

All the best :hugs:

Debden
09-08-17, 18:22
I've hadn't this for months on end. Exactly same, mine mainly sits in my centre back/between my shoulder blades it's awful