PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of these feelings of impending doom?

scaredpt
24-04-17, 02:14
I suffer from HA, but it relates more broadly to general anxiety I have. I always feel that the time I am living now is "my last few moments before X happens", X being something like being diagnosed with cancer. I feel guilty being happy because I'm suspicious of it lasting. I get very upset because I feel like I'll never get married or have kids, two things I want so much (I'm only 22 though) because I won't make it. I broke up with a boyfriend a few months ago and tbh my anxiety is under control when im in a relationship for some reason. I also can't get him out of my head, thinking he was my one chance, etc. I hate it because I feel like I'm not living life because I'm scared of what will happen

breeze25
24-04-17, 07:50
I felt the same about an ex boyfriend, but then I met my husband at 25 and here I am almost 20 years later with two lovely kids.

Medication helped me but I was on and off ad's for 12 years. What has helped me the most was CBT it has improved my anxiety by at least 90%. I still go through bouts of bad anxiety (I am now :weep:) but I also go through long periods with little anxiety.