PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a diagnosis!

Clydesdale Epona
24-04-17, 16:07
Apologies if this thread isn't quite in the right place x
As some of you may know i had a barium swallow test to check if my acid reflux was caused by anything, after 4 weeks that finally came back all clear so my doctor was at a wits end until i mentioned that if i move around or lie down after drinking or eating something my stomach sounds like a sports bottle full of water or the ocean against rocks(that was very metaphoric :roflmao:)
she sent me for a gastric emptying test i think it was called and she diagnosed me with gastroparesis where my stomach doesn't empty as fast as a normal persons does. she said that's what's likely making my acid reflux worse and why my food comes back up(because my stomach doesn't even want to bother digesting) its also probably why i feel sick constantly and feel full for like 4-5 hours after eating
i was really going to give up but just knowing makes me feel ten times happier :) don't give up on your health or your anxiety it will improve trust me x

All the best :hugs:

Fishmanpa
24-04-17, 16:23
she diagnosed me with gastroparesis where my stomach doesn't empty as fast as a normal persons does.

Interesting.... I had the opposite of that when I was younger. My stomach and digestion was in hyper-drive and caused digestive/bowel issues. It eventually resolved on it's own.

So what's the treatment?... eat less more often during the day? Take a PPI to help with the acid?

Positive thoughts

Clydesdale Epona
24-04-17, 16:37
I'm already on Omeprazole from 2014 which is working fairly well so she's keeping me on that, other than that I've been advised to eat 3 or 4 times a day(smaller rather than a full plate) and not anything too heavy that might take a while to digest like potatoes etc. x

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Thanks very much ISB I really appreciate it :)
there was a good two to three years where I only ate once a day and barely anything which was right before I got these symptoms so i'm not sure if that didn't aid it skipping from barely eating to eating regularly but either way I'm just happy to know its not something life threating and I've already been able to go about my day more happily, i'm sorry to hear about your thyroid issues I hope upping the meds help :) x

Catherine S
24-04-17, 16:53
Lol! I didn't want to repeat what had already been said, but it's good that you know what you're dealing with now, and how to ease some of the symptoms. Id never heard of it and just been reading about it. Quite interesting actually...although not for you obviously :D

Best wishes for a more comfortable digestive system in the future!

ISB x

Clydesdale Epona
05-05-17, 07:34
Lol! I didn't want to repeat what had already been said, but it's good that you know what you're dealing with now, and how to ease some of the symptoms. Id never heard of it and just been reading about it. Quite interesting actually...although not for you obviously :D

Best wishes for a more comfortable digestive system in the future!

ISB x

Thank you very much ISB :) I hadn't heard of it either so I had a panic moment when he told me because I was like "what?!" "what is that?!?" :roflmao:

All the best :hugs: