PDA

View Full Version : Long-term Neurological Symptoms?

jenniferelizab
24-04-17, 19:54
Hello my fellow HA sufferers,

I've been suffering from neurological symptoms for almost a year now. It started in August 2016 with burning and prickling skin and of course, as an HA sufferer, I thought the worst (MS, ALS, etc). I thought I was going to have to leave work my anxiety sky rocketed, was crying daily. I went to the neurologist and he said everything looks fine but no MRI.

Since then, almost a year later, I'm still experiencing pin pricks sensations, weird tingling all over, tingling in neck and arms and legs. I am in a dark place anymore since I've been put on 20mg of Lexapro but these symptoms have not completely gone away.

Has anyone experienced this long-term? I am still really worried even though I'm not having daily panic attacks.

Timb2
24-04-17, 20:14
I have this stuff all the time. No one has been able to explain.

jenniferelizab
24-04-17, 20:29
Thanks Timb2! How long have you had it for? Did you go to the neurologist? It is so weird to me.

Timb2
24-04-17, 22:57
6 months.... on and off. Yes neuro visit with 2 MRI's and have nerve test soon

Colicab85
25-04-17, 16:21
I have had headaches and unusual neuro symptoms for around a yr too.

Shaking and headaches are my biggies but i also have twitching and tingling. 2 neuro visits and mri say im fine.

I struggle to believe them though.

jenniferelizab
25-04-17, 16:46
It's so weird and frightening. It's hard to believe it could be anxiety. I am going to have to schedule another neuro appointment to get an MRI anyway maybe it will ease my mind. I do notice it flares up when I'm anxious but then causes further anxiety. The tingling and pin pricks are a constant though.

There are some people on this thread that have claimed to have these symptoms for years. I hope it's not the case :(

Timb2
25-04-17, 18:56
Can anyone else report if they eventually go away or if there is any help??

New17
27-04-17, 12:26
Hi!

I'm having the exact same thing, it all kind of started in Dec I was having pains down the right side of my body.

The few weeks though Iv been having cold sensations in my lower leg as if it's wet or there's cold air on my leg, now last few days Iv had a numb/pins and needles feeling in my leg and some times in my hand, it always down my right side and I'm absolutely petrified it's MS. Iv read so much now online I can't see how it could be anything else. My doctor just keeps saying anxiety but Iv been on my meds now for 4 weeks and the feeling isn't going!

The feelings are the CONSTANTLY and I'm really starting to get scared now. Don't know what to do!

Timb2
28-04-17, 03:34
Mine were constant but eventually went to a few days a week. Have other symptoms tho. :( best advice I can give is don't freak out when a new symptom pops up! It spirals out of control.

ankietyjoe
28-04-17, 11:09
My experience with this is that it's muscle tension causing the issues.

I don't think medication is going to be the answer for this kind of symptom.

If your muscles are tense, you will most likely experience pins and needles and other similar symptoms.

The best thing to do is just let them be, move about a bit, get some exercise, meditate, try and do some deep breathing and relaxation techniques to try and alleviate the muscle tension.

jenniferelizab
24-09-18, 15:00
Has anyone found relief for this yet? I'm still struggling with it. Flared up again recently and of course I am regressing into a worry state about it.

Fishmanpa
24-09-18, 15:44
If the meds helped to lessen the symptoms, then it's apparent what's causing them. Stress does some incredible things to us physically.

Positive thoughts

TylerB
25-09-18, 00:17
I get little prickles sometimes and a water drop sensation on occasion. I’ve had it for over a year. It’s anxiety.

jenniferelizab
26-09-18, 16:59
Thanks guys. Super helpful. I am also going through a dizzy stint where I feel dizzy everyday. Just can't feel normal for one day can I? Anyone else struggle with this?

ankietyjoe
26-09-18, 18:10
Thanks guys. Super helpful. I am also going through a dizzy stint where I feel dizzy everyday. Just can't feel normal for one day can I? Anyone else struggle with this?

Has anyone found relief for this yet? I'm still struggling with it. Flared up again recently and of course I am regressing into a worry state about it.

Dizziness is also a major symptom of muscle tension, and can be relived by the suggestions I made in my last post in this thread.