PDA

View Full Version : How to work out of a serious HA spiral?

scaredpt
24-04-17, 20:42
I am in a really bad sprial concerning lymph nodes. It's not even that im worried, it is that i am even convinced I have it, so much so I've been looking up treatments and treatment side effects for lymphoma. I also do believe that the node on my neck is growing, it is now visible, so I am getting frustrated people tell me I'm ok, and the doctor said I don't need further tests unless it gets a lot bigger or more widespread in month or two. I'm wondering if I should go to one more doctor just to make sure.

Fishmanpa
24-04-17, 21:05
I have a daughter your age. She suffers from anxiety and depression. She's in recovery. She beat it by going to therapy, taking meds and working her behind off! All the reassurance in the world won't help if you don't believe it. Get professional help... that's the best advice I can give you.

Positive thoughts

scaredpt
24-04-17, 21:06
It's just hard when I have convinced myself I have lymphoma. Under my arm is now hurting, and now the node is visible in my neck. I know a lot of people here post about nodes, but this one is like sticking out and I can't imagine its not lymphoma. My therapist says I need to expose myself to the possibility of disease.

Fishmanpa
24-04-17, 21:14
It's just hard when I have convinced myself I have lymphoma. Under my arm is now hurting, and now the node is visible in my neck. I know a lot of people here post about nodes, but this one is like sticking out and I can't imagine its not lymphoma. My therapist says I need to expose myself to the possibility of disease.

So you are in therapy.. Good! Does your therapist know you're posting here? If not, it's imperative you discuss your participation. And yes, exposure is a technique used to help de-sensitize you to the fear. I used a similar technique in dealing some misophonia (an aversion to certain sounds).

Positive thoughts

siwz991
24-04-17, 21:16
Scaredpt, i have the same problem. I've seen 4 docs and paid for ultra sound on my request cause I've convinced myself I have lymphoma. Everybody says I'm ok and what i see on my neck is not even a lymph node! Despite that I cant move on - I think I believe more on what I see when I look in the mirror than what my docs say. It can show you what anxiety can do with human being and what I'm doing to myself everyday. I'm starting to truly see it, partially thanks to fishmanpa and other guys here. Well a lot of work ahead us man

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI VNS-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka