PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety worse in first trimester?

Autumnx1003
24-04-17, 21:48
I'm 6w pregnant with my second child, and my anxiety/depression has been in overdrive! I usually deal with GAD and some depression and OCD (Pure-O), but lately it's been a lot worse. I'm
not medicated, but starting to wonder if maybe I should break down and try something (like Prozac, since it's one of the few that's been tested more extensively in pregnancy). I just want to be relaxed and happy for my new baby and my little toddler :( I just want relief finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonquiqui
24-04-17, 22:19
Yep sounds about right. First trimester is always the most tumultous due to the hormones. Anti depressants helped me in my pregnancy

Autumnx1003
24-04-17, 22:27
Yep sounds about right. First trimester is always the most tumultous due to the hormones. Anti depressants helped me in my pregnancy

Thank you for replying. Which medication did you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenniferbart
10-07-17, 07:15
Is it good to use antidepressants during pregnancy?? I don't prefer to use.

swgrl09
23-07-17, 16:15
It depends on what anti-depressant you take. Some are safer than others and sometimes the risk of untreated depression and anxiety is worse for the baby than the risk of the med.

MH19611
01-08-18, 23:13
I am 5 weeks pregnant today and my anxiety has been acting up the past several days. My doctor put me on Sertraline (Zoloft), something that I had taken in the past. Many SSRIs are considered "safe." Sure, it'd be safer to not be on anything - but, I honestly don't think there is anything more important than mental health. My baby is better off with me taking medication to be stable. Best of luck to you!