PDA

View Full Version : *urgent* scared/panicky feeling about choking fits??

goldenchicks522
24-04-17, 22:18
I'll post the story.

on thursday I woke up at about 6am choking, literally choking shot up out of bed couldn't breath or speak and ran to my mum tp get help and she had to whack me for ages but it was soooo terrifying worst episode of this yet was the first one then. I couldn't breath was choking (on stringy mucousy spit) which I seem to be getting irritating my throat.

Prior to this i had a cough virus for about 10 days ..w.as coughing terribly.

at home over the weekend I kept getting these fits where I would just suddenly cough and it would make me actually start choking, couldn't get my breath and couldn't speak, was frantically panicking had to get my mum to whack me each time and the same spitty stuff comes out every time I cough up this stuff.

My mum says it just looks like spit but its clear very thick mucus that looks like spit, my mucus is super thick. and slimy and stretchy.

I really need help; but nobody will listen, the nhs hotline number don't care and don't do anything, everyone i've seen so far has just said its this cough virus, and the choking (well they don't say anything about that but i literally AM physically going into choking fits)
they have all sent me home saying just leave it it'll go away soon, my mum, seems to think this is just me being anxious, but I can't calm down and i don't know whats wrong with me quite frankly. i was fine all day till there hadn't had a choking fit since last night could anxiety have brought it on was i more anxious coming home tonight so had one? earlier on when i coughed i was just having super bad coughing fits but still bringing this stuff up.
but when i got off the bus a gust of wind hit and then I had the choking thing my mum thinks it was just the wind doing it and i do just have this cough virus still

i mean i still have no appetite, a ill feeling /taste/smell in my mouth that i always get when ive got an illness. so those are the only things that make me think this is an illness and the choking fits are anxiety attacks. but then again, I do believe these fits are a thing called "laryngospasm' ive read about online... it sounds totally like it. My throat just keeps spasming up.

tillyyy
24-04-17, 22:33
I used to get that when I had a cough. Try sleeping slightly say up, just a little so tho mucus doesn't gather in your throat at night. It will just be thick mucus from your virus in your throat, and as it's sticky it sometimes feels like it's blocking your throat. It never will as it's not strong enough. Try some cough medication and it should clear up soon.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk