PDA

View Full Version : Freckles anxiety again

helenhoo
24-04-17, 22:38
I downloaded skin vision, deleted it without checking but had a look at my freckles. I have loads of various types but saw a freckles I've always had, one colour, symmetrical with a tiny freckle on the edge of it. it may havw always been there but my stomach is in knots.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

http://i67.tinypic.com/juu5fk.jpg

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Always had it just not sure if the tiny tiny dot has always been there I have another few of these type freckles.

helenhoo
24-04-17, 23:14
I just wondered if it looked like anything thay needed to get checked out. I know I have had it for over 10 years but never really looked at it properly.

Gary A
24-04-17, 23:18
It's concerning you, so yes, have it checked out.

helenhoo
26-04-17, 21:53
Thank you for your comments.

I'm obssessiong over every darn freckle again. I have stomach in knots that one is cancerous or that one will be jagged and nasty one morning.

what's the jist with new freckles? How long do we look for change and are new ones normal? I've definitely had new ones with no change (ankle and thumb most recently)

axolotl
26-04-17, 22:05
You seem to have done so well not posting here recently, what's changed?

helenhoo
26-04-17, 22:28
I was triggered by a Few MM articles on a news website and started looking at my own.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Are new freckles normal?

axolotl
26-04-17, 22:47
Are new freckles normal?

Don't fall back into old ways, please.

ScaredLizard
26-04-17, 22:53
If you have had it for 10 years it is nothing to worry about.

I have hundreds of large freckles all over me. I see a dermatologist once a year who looks and say 'oh that's fine' and that's the end of it.

That freckle in that photo? Have 0 warning signs. At all! It's a normal freckle

helenhoo
26-04-17, 23:07
Thank you. if I look closely at the freckle it's a tiny freckle o the edge of it that could've always been there.

ScaredLizard
26-04-17, 23:10
It's normal. You are fine :)

helenhoo
26-04-17, 23:12
I think I do know this, I've been through a Melanoma Anxiety period before to the point I was checking every hour, skiving work to see doctors and harnessing my nurse friend. I somehow got over it. I've had triggers since then obviously but reading horror stories on the news drag me in.

ScaredLizard
26-04-17, 23:22
I think I do know this, I've been through a Melanoma Anxiety period before to the point I was checking every hour, skiving work to see doctors and harnessing my nurse friend. I somehow got over it. I've had triggers since then obviously but reading horror stories on the news drag me in.

Don't read stories online! I've had to stop reading all news lol all of them. Any little thing would freak me out so I stopped