PDA

View Full Version : help...

ItWillPass
29-10-04, 17:17
So... I have been trying to fight panic like crazy... I have just been doing all the things i need to do. But things are not so good right now... the past 3 days I have been sick to my stomach all day... I eat supper in the evenings, and then my stomach is all rumbly. I dont think i am sick... since otherwise I feel okay. So I am really scared I have an ulcer or something. I know this sounds nuts- but I really dont know anything about it- other than my friend's father died of a undiagnosed stomach ulcer:( my mind is racing with bad thoughts... I have no time to go to the dr... I just feel helpless. Also- I can trace this upset stomach back to 3 night ago I woke up in the middle of the night thirsty, and I drank like a gallon of orange juice. The next morning my stomach hurt, but for obvious reasons... shouldnt it be gone by now??? sorry for this rant- but I know you all understand how terrible it is when you are convinced something is wrong. anyone have any insight to this?? thanx...

linjane
29-10-04, 17:57
Hi, i can't give you any medical advice, but if i am not worrying about one thing, then I worry about another and as everyone will tell you, panic is just a vicious circle. You have to try to focus on good thoughts and get rid of the bad ones and if I ever learn how to do it, i'll let you know. Take care.

carlin
29-10-04, 18:53
I, too, am not medically qualified, but i don't think what you describe is a stomach ulcer, my husband has one and doesn't have these symptoms If you lose someone close to you and you begin to feel unwell, it is automatic that you believe you have the same thing wrong with you, i did this when i lost my mum , 16 years on and i'm still here.It sounds to me that you have some kind of stomach bug, try to just drink plenty of fluids for 12 - 24 hours and then after that just light meals, as usual water is the best thing to drink You can buy stuff from the chemist, i swear by Kaoline and morphine a mixture you can buy over the counter, very old fashioned, but it works for me. Panic always makes things like this worse, as we are so aware of every feeling in our body keep warm and cosy, and keep in touch, i hope this has made some kind of sense, just that once i get started i do go on

this_grey_dove
30-10-04, 17:21
Heidi-U cud always try lookin on NHS direct website...it's put my mind at ease on many occassions wen ive been convinced I'm about 2 die!! cant remember the website off hand, but punch it in on a search engine. u can also ring NHS direct on 0845 4647 but I dont think they're allowed 2 make any kinda diagnosis-they jus giv u advise on certain illnesses.
take care xpx

PS. anxiety is makin me feel prettty sick at the mo 2-its not so nice!

davebrum
30-10-04, 20:39
heidi
do you think your tummy aches could be nervous indigestion - i was tested for ibs and ulcers about 3 years ago everything was fine my consultant said it was probaly linked to nervous tension a bit like ibs but not that bad
speak to your doctor and see if he would run some tests im sure this would give you peace of mind as worrying about you stomach could be bringing on the aches just like most symptons of anxiety the more we think about them the worse they seem to get
xx david xx

tt
02-11-04, 01:45
Hi,
I had simular feelings about 3 years ago. I had gained a bunch of weight because my tummy would feel hollow and also the rumble was awful. I ended up taking malox and then my doctor told me to try something for intestinal gas. I think the one I used was Gas x. I am from Canada so I am not sure if you would have the same meds down there. There is alot of over the counter meds for intestinal gas. It won't hurt you, (you'll have less gas) but the rumble can be uncomfortable being a ball of air.

Hope this helps.
TT:)

Meg
02-11-04, 09:45
Hi heidi,

You upset your tum by giving it lots of work to do digesting an acid substance in the middle of the night when its likes to rest.

This will have passed by now but leaving behind it a bit of inflammation . Treat yourself kindly now - eat little and often so about 6 small nutritious meals a day and not a whopping supper in the evening.

This does not sound like an ulcer at all.

Do use tonic water and soda water to get rid of internally produced gas.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

seh1980
02-11-04, 14:11
hi Heidi,

How are you doing? Hope you're feeling better!!

Sarah :D

jo-jo
02-11-04, 21:34
Hi there Heidi

Hope you're feeling a little better now, it so scary when you feel poorly like that and your mind starts the old 'what if' routine.

Meg has given you some great advice and having had an ulcer myself it doesn't sound like you have one to me, but if you still feel poorly in a few days, why not take some time out to visit your doctor, just to put your mind at rest?

Take care, Jo xx