PDA

View Full Version : Can blood change in a week

purplewitch
25-04-17, 03:01
I'm seriously freaking out,and no one is answering me:

Basically I had a blood test done last week,literally last week and it came back fine. I felt all fine and good the whole day but when I came home from being out: I noticed a red spot that looks like a dot,kinda like the pinprick dots but larger. And a purple spot near my ankle,theres other dots sporadically around my body,not in clusters though.

I'm freaking out so much. I'' worrying about luekiema again,can blood change in a week?

Sixpack
25-04-17, 03:31
Well about 2 weeks ago my daughter had her annual blood work plus the Neuro checked two of her seizure medication blood levels. One of the seizure med levels came back high/. Her CBC levels were abnormal. Her primary ordered repeat CBC for two weeks and her neuro suggested one week. When the neuro heard her primary ordered the repeats for two weeks, he agreed to a two week recheck. She is having them done tomorrow. SOOOO based on this, yes, blood levels can change in a week. Hell, probably in a day. NOW in my daughter's situation there is a valid reason to recheck. In yours there is no such valid reason. You are only listening to the beast in your head.

Kez_miller
25-04-17, 03:35
Yes it can BUT if you mean for things like cancer and life threatening diseases that occure naturally no. You won't go for blood work one week then have cancer the next. There would be signs in the blood work the week before. Big diseases like cancer don't just appear out of nowhere with out warning. Obviously it has got to start somewhere but in general no it won't change dramatically.

purplewitch
25-04-17, 03:44
Yes it can BUT if you mean for things like cancer and life threatening diseases that occure naturally no. You won't go for blood work one week then have cancer the next. There would be signs in the blood work the week before. Big diseases like cancer don't just appear out of nowhere with out warning. Obviously it has got to start somewhere but in general no it won't change dramatically.

Thanks,also are you sure?
Basically the week before this, my blood results were normal.
For example:
My WBC was 7.5
I forgot what my RBC was but it was also in range and my Platlet was 306 (also in range)

bin tenn
25-04-17, 04:13
Blood levels change all the time, for pretty much everything. Can a person have normal results and a week later develop symtpoms of a disease? Well, surely it can and does happen, but that doesn't mean it's any less rare. You're fine.

Hypomean
25-04-17, 06:01
Blood changes constantly. But detecting a major level change to detect cancer does not happen in a week.

As for the "blood spots" I get them when I'm out in the sun too much, (I have light skin and have ton of freckles I mention this because I've seen some turn to freckles other times they disappear after months and others stay). Purple spot I've seen pop up when you scratch at a spot really hard or could it be from your shoes.

The key is to look for the benign things instead of the terminal things. I fail at it but it helps others.

purplewitch
25-04-17, 07:28
Blood changes constantly. But detecting a major level change to detect cancer does not happen in a week.

As for the "blood spots" I get them when I'm out in the sun too much, (I have light skin and have ton of freckles I mention this because I've seen some turn to freckles other times they disappear after months and others stay). Purple spot I've seen pop up when you scratch at a spot really hard or could it be from your shoes.

The key is to look for the benign things instead of the terminal things. I fail at it but it helps others.

What do you mean look for benign things?

Hypomean
25-04-17, 09:55
What do you mean look for benign things?

For non deadly reasons

Fishmanpa
25-04-17, 12:42
You don't have leukemia and it just didn't develop within a week of normal blood work. You have some spots on your arm that will go away.

Positive thoughts