PDA

View Full Version : being kicked out

AdamD
01-05-07, 09:19
IM currently feeling really low and panicking, iv been told by my mum that in 7 days i have to leave.... feel really low and dont really know what im gona do... but ill do something.
Really wish this would end.
adam :weep:

groovygranny
01-05-07, 09:46
Hi Adam, sorry you're feeling so down.

Here's a link to Jimbo's thread. He seems to be in a similar situation to you and has received some good advice here.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19061&page=27

Hope it helps and that your situation greatly improves soon.

:hugs:

Paddington
01-05-07, 10:38
HelloAdam hun:hugs: ah ,what has brought this on then mate?Why have you got to leave home??Dont bottle it up ,you are such a kind chap and always giving good advice,let us help you now:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AdamD
01-05-07, 11:13
HelloAdam hun:hugs: ah ,what has brought this on then mate?Why have you got to leave home??Dont bottle it up ,you are such a kind chap and always giving good advice,let us help you now:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thanks paddie.... umm my mum found out that i was self harming and quite how depressed i actually am, she has decided that i aint worth the effort i suppose.
just bored of how things are.
adam x

trac67
01-05-07, 11:18
Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear this honey :weep:

Have you contacted the Citizens Advice or the local council to see how you stand at being re-housed.

Have you tried talking to your mum about how you feel ?

Chin up honey :hugs:

Love

Trac xx

AdamD
01-05-07, 11:23
Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear this honey :weep:

Have you contacted the Citizens Advice or the local council to see how you stand at being re-housed.

Have you tried talking to your mum about how you feel ?

Chin up honey :hugs:

Love

Trac xx

thanks for the support....
dont really thinkk i feel like doing that quite yet... dont actually know what to do...
just want this all to end...
thanks for all the advise.
X

SANDYJANE
01-05-07, 11:35
hi Adam

im so sorry your having such a bad time at the mo,

love Sandyxx

bottleblond
01-05-07, 11:37
Adam, Is there a friend or another family member that you could possibly stay with for a bit? somewhere you and your mum could have a little respite from each other!?
If not then please contact either your local social work dept or the c.a.b to see if they can offer you any help, please don't leave it till the last minute toots!!

very best of luck to you
Lisa
xxx

Paddington
01-05-07, 11:48
Adam i bet she has spoken in anger,or despair hun..:mad: worry can make a mom say awful things sometimes..i have said things i regret to my eldest son when he was a 'handful'..i was at my wits end to be honest.Do you get any support with this ,doea your Mom get support from a proffesional..i sugest you both go for help :flowers: to the drs first of all hun..what about your Father,mate can he help..this had just come into my head??? so hope that has not hurt your feelings.Love Paddie.xxxxx

AdamD
01-05-07, 12:01
Adam i bet she has spoken in anger,or despair hun..:mad: worry can make a mom say awful things sometimes..i have said things i regret to my eldest son when he was a 'handful'..i was at my wits end to be honest.Do you get any support with this ,doea your Mom get support from a proffesional..i sugest you both go for help :flowers: to the drs first of all hun..what about your Father,mate can he help..this had just come into my head??? so hope that has not hurt your feelings.Love Paddie.xxxxx
me and my mum had a lnog chat last night and worked out that whatever we did nothing was goinf to work... ummm my dad left when i was 4 and i dont see him much... so i dunno about him..... thanks for the advise. x

Paddington
01-05-07, 12:14
I feel you need some help both of you,please ask her to go with you to thr drs and get some help Adam..it will help because the pressure will be taken off you both.My friends Daughter self harms and they have family councilling hun..do give it a try please ..as for your Dad ,who knows ,maybe worth giving him a call ?????Love Paddie.xxxxxx:hugs:

Dying_Swan
01-05-07, 12:26
Hey Adam..

I'm really sorry to hear what's been going on for you. I'm not sure where you are in the country, but lots of towns have Young People's advice centres, which provide all sorts of things. Very often they have housing information and might be a bit easier for you to talk to than the Council or CAB if you're not feeling up to that yet. They tend to offer confidential counselling services too, so it really might be worth looking into what's in your area. It sounds as though you could use someone to talk to.

Good luck and keep us posted xxx

AdamD
01-05-07, 14:13
Hey Adam..

I'm really sorry to hear what's been going on for you. I'm not sure where you are in the country, but lots of towns have Young People's advice centres, which provide all sorts of things. Very often they have housing information and might be a bit easier for you to talk to than the Council or CAB if you're not feeling up to that yet. They tend to offer confidential counselling services too, so it really might be worth looking into what's in your area. It sounds as though you could use someone to talk to.

Good luck and keep us posted xxx
thanks for the advise.
x

Jimbo
01-05-07, 15:11
Hey Adam,

I'm going through a very similar situation at the moment. It sucks doesn't it? :sad:

I also self harm and the main result of this has been upsetting my housemates and family who won't help me either. It's difficult for them to understand and very upsetting for them to see, perhaps explaining to them a bit might help?

The first thing to do is not panic about it, there are things you can do to find somewhere to live.

Are you working or on any benefits? If you are claiming incapacity / jobseekers you will be able to get some money from housing / council benefit. It will be less as you are under 25, the council sorta say that you should be living at home at that age.

Speak to your friends and family, find if there is any way you can stay or if there's anyone who needs a housemate / roommate etc. This is by far the least hastle option.

If you can't find anyone, contact your local council and ask to speak to their homelessnes unit, they will be able to give you lots of advice etc. Also http://england.shelter.org.uk/ are a good sorce of information on your rights.

With such a short space of time, you might well find it difficult to find a place that quickly, so a hostel might be the best option in the short term. The council and shelter can help you find any in your local area. You can just use them as a stop gap measure till you find something else. Not pleasant, or an option I want to do, but in an emergency they could help rather than living on the street.

The council can get you on a waiting list for council property / housing association stuff, but the list is probably very long. People with kids etc get priority so it's unlikely they can help in the short term, but worth trying.

The other option is to find a private landlord, check your local papers, internet, letting agents etc. Most will have some landlords that will accept people on benefits, but it is hard to find one, but not impossible. The coucil also have lists of landlords that might be able to help.

Hope that helps a bit, just know that you are not alone, I'm going through the exact same thing right now.:weep:

Jim

Paddington
02-05-07, 13:24
Nice One Jimbo :hugs: see adam you are never alone on this forum..we are all rooting for you ,and waht good advice from Jimbo!!Take care.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AdamD
02-05-07, 13:37
thanks everyone.. ur comments are really great... and thanks for the advise.......
adam x

Southern_Belle
02-05-07, 16:07
Hi Adam,

I'm so sorry you are going through this difficult time with your mom. Is there any way she could give you more time to find a place to stay? A week does not seem like a reasonable time to find a new place to live. If I were you, I would try once more to try and talk to her and ask for her to go to counseling with you so that you could one stop self harming and so that she could try to understand it. Have you ever approached it from that angle? If not, she might take you up on that. I wish the best for you on this.

Laura :)

Jimbo
02-05-07, 19:12
I do hope things get sorted out for you Adam,

Like Laura said, dealing with your mum and getting her to allow you to stay would be the best option or at least until you can find somewhere to live on your own.

Most mum's wouldn't want to see their son living on the streets, so I'm sure she will offer some help.

A good place to offer advice is to print off the page on here explaining self harm and get her to read it. It covers it all in a nutshell really.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=selfharm

Keep letting us know how you are getting on dude, I hope things get sorted out soon.

Jim :hugs: