PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate

Sparkling_Fairy
25-04-17, 18:03
Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while!
I started a new job in January and all my stress just melted away. With that, I've been feeling SUPER calm lately!

So now I have a question about my heart rate.
I used to have a resting heart rate of mid 80's. Generally during the day my heart rate would be in the 90's and sometimes right before bed in the high 70's.
Lately, my heart rate is consistently in the mid 60's and last night before bed it went to 62.
Now I'm kinda worried about it. It dropped with like 15 beats per minute since I've been feeling really calm. And I know anything between 60 and 100 is normal. But I'm not a very active person. I'm very much a couch potato. So I find it strange that it's so low lately.

Heart rate is a strange thing. I worry about it when it's high, and I worry about it when it's low :blush:

Fishmanpa
25-04-17, 18:06
Why is something that's a positive like a reduced heart rate due less anxiety a worry?

Positive thoughts

Sparkling_Fairy
25-04-17, 18:39
I think it's just because mid 80's was my normal. And my GP always said: well it's due to your anxiety, but also 'cause you're not active and you have low blood pressure so your heart pumps a bit faster.
The only difference is my anxiety is gone. I worry it might be a bit too low now given that I'm still not active and still have low blood pressure.
But I guess I won't panic until it goes below 60.

And as much as I worry about it a little bit, I can't even say I'm anxious about it. When I used to worry about something, my heart rate would shoot right up! I even feel too calm now to stress over it. I was really just asking the question whether it's considered normal. I'm not overly concerned.

Fishmanpa
25-04-17, 19:18
And as much as I worry about it a little bit, I can't even say I'm anxious about it. When I used to worry about something, my heart rate would shoot right up! I even feel too calm now to stress over it. I was really just asking the question whether it's considered normal. I'm not overly concerned.

Ok... I was confused by your post (I worry about it when it's high, and I worry about it when it's low). Glad you're not concerned :)

Positive thoughts