PDA

View Full Version : Newbie intro

abizhudsmy
26-04-17, 16:43
Hi all,
My name is Alicia and I have suffered from anxiety and depression since as early as I can remember, about third grade. I was bullied terribly in grade school and anxiety and depression became very bad in high school. Now in my 30th year anxiety is taking over my life once again. I take a low dose of lexapro and clonazepam for travel. I get very anxious traveling and in social situations. I also recently had some health issues which adds to my anxiety and gives me migraines. I'm really struggling with feeling like a failure every time I take a pill for anxiety. I let myself suffer through anxiety instead of just taking a pill to help me cope. My thoughts are so confused and often I end up in a tailspin over them. I do see a counselor to help with CBT too. I just feel like a mess lately that I can't get seem to get anxiety under control. Any help would be great and I am looking forward to the resources the forum has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eros38
28-04-17, 04:52
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you suffer with this also. Reading your post, I was wondering if you had received any therapy for the bullying and health issues? It can help to try and get to the root of things, as well as just learning coping methods via CBT.
Have you tried square breathing? I have found this to be one of the most helpful things to do. So many of us breath up and down instead of in and out.

Please don't feel bad about taking a pill to help you cope. You wouldn't feel bad about taking a pain killer for a headache? It's the same thing.

I hope this has been of some help and I wish you all the very best.
Sarah

Mark13
28-04-17, 15:18
Hi Alicia. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

snowghost57
28-04-17, 15:25
Welcome Alicia to the forum. I would recommend reading posts on the GAD boards, there is a lot of helpful information especially posts from Bill and many others. I am in the states as well and it is finally getting warm. Take a walk outside when you feel anxious, the fresh air and exercise will really help along with deep breathing.