PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed.....

Megan99
26-04-17, 23:55
This probably makes me sound really immature, but I just need to vent:
So, I gave someone a gift and I said, "You'll feel better after you open it." And my friend really loudly said, "You can't say that! That's rude!" in front of this person. And we left. And I keep thinking about that. I can't help but to wonder, if I insulted the person? Or came across as cocky or immature? I don't know? This person was sad at the time I gave them the present. So it just naturally came out. How would I stop obsessing over something like that? I'm just sweating buckets thinking about this.... I kn ow it is trivial, but my mind wont let go of it!

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-17, 01:05
You feel self conscious about doing something wrong, but you in no way did anything wrong. Your friend overeacted.

Surely the idea of giving a gift is to make someone happy and in this case it was a nice gesture for someone feeling sad. That's a good thing.

Try to rationalise it and let it go. If anything, your friend is more worthy of embarassment for their overreaction.

.Poppy.
27-04-17, 02:15
I don't see how your statement is rude at all, so I'm confused as to why your friend would even say that. As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. :)