PDA

View Full Version : In a panic lump

WorryWorm
27-04-17, 11:17
Hi everyone

I am getting myself upset. I have had a lump on my back for about a year it hasn't changed size and doesn't hurt. You can only feel it if i bent over. I have just been to the doctors and she is referring me to the orthopaedic outpatients for a scan. I thought it was a lipoma or cyst but if she had thought that surely she would be able to tell. She said it was asymmetrical. I am really worried and panicking. I am trying to stay away from Dr Google but it is difficult. Don't know if i can handle 12-18 weeks of worry until I get a appointment.

emmalj0
27-04-17, 15:36
Iv had one four years on my chest. I know the anxiety it brings. Iv had ultrasound scans loads paid privately too. Each time they tell me it's palpable but it's never seen. I'm sure u will b fine x

WorryWorm
27-04-17, 18:06
Thank you for your reply and thank you for the reassuring words. I went to the doctors about something else and thought I would just ask about it expecting it's fine answer so this has came out of the blue. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I have already had a panic attack and I can feel all my stress symptoms returning. Sorry for venting but my family are getting fed up with me.

emmalj0
27-04-17, 19:07
Honestly I know how u feel. My family go mad at me worrying constantly when iv been told it's nothing bad x