PDA

View Full Version : Got my eyebrows dyed

Worrygirl32
27-04-17, 14:11
Okay so I went to the hair salon yesterday and I got my hair dyed a blonde color. The stylist suggested dying my eyebrows as well because it will make everything more cohesive. So I said sure. She had mentioned she does it all the time to herself. I heard before you weren't supposed to dye your eyebrows with hair dye but I trust my stylist. So anyways we did it and it went great.. I loved it. Then when I got home the anxiety started kicking in. What if I go blind? I already have to wear contacts and glasses. Because I have bad eyesight. I can't risk anything bad happening to my eyes. So I thought to myself don't google. You're fine. I resisted the urge. Then I gave in and googled and of course it said it's not recommended to dye your eyebrows with hair dye. If the dye gets in your dye it can cause blindness. So again I didn't get any dye in my eyes. But I can't shake this overwhelming fear. I keep noticing every blink. Looking for a sign that something is wrong. I think I'm started to feel things that aren't even there. I feel pressure around my eyelids. . I'm so anxious I am curled up in bed. Someone please offer some calming words.

ElectricAlice
27-04-17, 14:13
How could you go blind from your eyebrows being dyed?

Fishmanpa
27-04-17, 14:15
Ummm... women worldwide do this with no ill effects and some even get the carpet to match the ceiling (if you know what I mean) without any problems. Enjoy you new hairdo and eyebrows! :D

Positive thoughts

Worrygirl32
27-04-17, 14:15
I was reading that the chemicals in dye are too harsh for the sensitive skin around your eyebrows. And if it gets in your eyes it can cause blindness.

Fishmanpa
27-04-17, 14:16
I was reading

Dr. Google does it again! Your dragon must be very happy ;)

Positive thoughts

.Poppy.
27-04-17, 14:47
I was reading that the chemicals in dye are too harsh for the sensitive skin around your eyebrows. And if it gets in your eyes it can cause blindness.

It might cause a little redness/irritation (though it would have by now if it was going to) but otherwise you should be just fine. As FMP said, women do this all the time with no problems. I've had friends do it before.

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-17, 16:39
This is why they get training.

The chemicals in salons can be harmful when not used properly, as some cases in the media have shown over the years.

Generally tipping many chemicals in your eyes can burn, it's a very sensitive area, and that's why they carefully apply such things. As said, some women (and men :ohmy:) bleach all sorts of sensitive areas...http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/sexe/sex344.gif:blush:

If it went into your eyes, and could cause blindness, then we are talking burning. It would have hurt like hell.

Like Poppy says, women in their many millions do stuff like this every day. When you think of how rare we hear of a case in a salon, that gives us some comfort that health & safety is working.

Magic
27-04-17, 18:40
Reminds me. Once I had my eyebrows dyed. Just the once. It did not hurt my eyes in any way what so ever. I just looked like a freak. Never again.:)
I might add I have my eyelashes dyed though. No problems what so ever:shades:

NancyW
27-04-17, 20:26
I've been a hair stylist for 35 years.. have tinted hundreds of eyebrows. No issues .. ever.

Mojo61
27-04-17, 21:21
I had my eyelashes tinted, and that is VERY close to the eyes. No problems whatsoever.