PDA

View Full Version : Fear of the day! ...And maybe a little tmi

Eventhesparrows
27-04-17, 15:49
So for the past 4 or 5 months I've been having weird cervical mucus at different times throughout the month - it's weird because it's "new" for me. Where I'll go to the bathroom and when I go to wipe, it'll be hanging down, in a very stringy glob until I wipe it away. I know an increase in cervical mucus can be a sign of cervical cancer, but I've never had an abnormal pap, and my last pap was the end of July and at that time they told me I can start having a pap every 3 years (which I'll never do anyway, I'll still go once a year) I've also had the HPV vaccines and have only ever been with my husband (who has, at one time, had genital warts from previous relationships before me, and had them taken care of early on in our marriage). I'm 29 and have been married for 9 years. This discharge is just freaking me out! ...And no, I'm not pregnant 😉

jaynespain3105
27-04-17, 16:11
I had the same symptom recently too. I mentioned it to the doctor when I went about my cycle having gone a bit haywire and he said it could be some kind of hormone imbalance but most likely just 'normal'. I thought maybe it was because I have been told at cervical screenings I have cervical ectropion which can increase discharge. Maybe it could be that. Or maybe you're just particularly fertile at the moment!

ScaredLizard
27-04-17, 16:18
That's normal for ovulation. It sounds like you are fertile. CM changes as you age.

In the US at least our new guidelines for paps are every 5 years. If you go yearly you are going to have to pay for it out of pocket but most drs won't even do them yearly

Eventhesparrows
27-04-17, 16:43
I know egg white cervical mucus is normal during ovulation, but this happens at all different times throughout my cycle.

ScaredLizard
27-04-17, 18:39
I know egg white cervical mucus is normal during ovulation, but this happens at all different times throughout my cycle.

It still can be normal. If you have no signs of infection it's hormonal. Might even be related to your age. I have EW CM 24/7 lol still nothing is wrong