PDA

View Full Version : Exam anxiety

Annaines
27-04-17, 16:09
Hello everyone!
I'm currently struggling with exam anxiety and I'm in need of some advice. The past year has been pretty rough on me (constant deadline stress, undersleeping), but I managed to hand in all my assignments on time and I'm proud of my work. However, it left me utterly exhausted. My finals start on Monday and they're quite a big deal. I managed to study a lot in a past two weeks, but my anxiety has been horrible since Tuesday. I have a constant headache and pounding heart. I'm also experiencing fatigue, brain fog and limb pain. I'm scared I won't be able to revise anymore before my exams, but I know I need to! What can I do to alleviate my anxiety and get back to work?

Bill
29-04-17, 03:58
Take a break. You're exhausted and your anxiety is telling you your mind is feeling overloaded. It can't absorb any more.

Give yourself regular mini-breaks to help you relax.

Try to think of it in this way, your mind is full so if you keep revising constantly there's no room for new information to be taken in. Your mind needs mini-breaks to allow room for more otherwise revision will serve no purpose because your anxiety will dominate which will stop you absorbing what you need. It'll also help you to sleep.