PDA

View Full Version : Escitalopram increase 15 - 20mg

Jmac
27-04-17, 20:03
I've been on cipralex for 6 years - 5 at 10mg, and the past year at 15mg with little bump ups along the way as needed. Have been totally fine at 15mg for the past year but recently have been feeling anxious so have gone up to 20mg about a week ago. Was doing great for the past few days but today things are wobbly again. Am hoping that's just part of the increase. I seem to recall 10 - 15 wasn't a consistent transition from bad days to good so hoping this is the same non-linear course to feeling well again.

Anybody have similar experiences or advice to give? I'm doing my best to not feel discouraged.

thx

panic_down_under
27-04-17, 22:40
Have been totally fine at 15mg for the past year but recently have been feeling anxious so have gone up to 20mg about a week ago. Was doing great for the past few days but today things are wobbly again.

This is not uncommon. It will take some weeks for the dose increase to take effect and anxiety may worsen for a while due to the temporary increase in serotonin activity. Give the higher dose at least a month to prove itself.

Jmac
28-04-17, 18:37
thx PDU. you are a great resource and comforting advisor on this site.