PDA

View Full Version : Bone Pain that's made me worried about bone cancer (obviously)

Ben1989
27-04-17, 20:28
Hi all.

Today i developed pain in my left shin bone. It comes and goes and a throbbing pain will come every 15 minutes. It doesn't matter if I'm standing or sitting.

I'm worried about bone cancer because I cant think of any reason why a bone will randomly having shooting pain out of nowhere.

I have definitely not struck my shin or its anything exercise related.

Quite a panic has come about

countrygirl
27-04-17, 20:53
I have had this in the past and its when I have been walking uphill and its always at the front of my shins and lasts a few days.
If you do any jogging or running then shin splints are very common and causes pain in exactly this place.

Ben1989
27-04-17, 21:03
Thanks country girl. Would you just randomly get the sharp pain even when not walking/using your leg(s)?

Leah88
30-04-17, 07:37
Shin splints... normal human sensation. Made worse when focused on definitely

MyNameIsTerry
30-04-17, 07:58
I have had this in the past and its when I have been walking uphill and its always at the front of my shins and lasts a few days.
If you do any jogging or running then shin splints are very common and causes pain in exactly this place.

Yep, I can attest to that one too from all the walking I do. I had it for months.

I rarely get it anymore though. I guess the body adapts.

swajj
30-04-17, 09:08
I used to get shin splints. But not from all the sport I didn't do. lol

I think if you are tense (all HA people are tense) just walking around normally can cause pain later. You warm up before excercise for a reason. Msybe we need to warm up before we walk around the house.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

I wasn't really joking frowners. :noangel:

rebeccad
30-04-17, 09:15
I've also had shin splints and even when I'm not walking if I rub them they feel bruised, I used tiger balm which really helped

Ben1989
30-04-17, 09:34
Tiger balm. Urgh, I've just had a flashback from my machining days!

Unfortunately my aches have now spread all over my body. My humorous will have a dull ache, my wrist, then go to my foot.

I'm struggling to convince myself that anxiety can make your bones ache. There's no way, right?

swajj
30-04-17, 09:38
It certainly can. Do you know Ben that pain is one of the last symptoms of most serious illnesses? My doctor told me that. I can't remember when. Maybe when I put my arm in a sling because the pain in my shoulder was so excruciating I couldn't bear it any longer. :winks:

rebeccad
30-04-17, 09:51
I think it most definitely can because your so tense all the time and hyper sensitive to every little ache and sensation (get me being all logical ha ha )

swajj
30-04-17, 09:56
Logical thinking is the answer to HA Rebecca. You are getting better. :)

Ben1989
30-04-17, 10:11
Thanks guys. But, it's bone. It's just a solid substance

swajj
30-04-17, 10:14
It just feels like it's in the bones Ben. It isn't.

MyNameIsTerry
30-04-17, 14:42
Muscular tension, poor quality sleep, etc.

Mental health puts a lot of strain on the body so it is struggling to heal itself under the demand. We burn through the nutrientsin our food and less may be available to do what it normally would.

Just look how many of us get bouts of fatigue?

Josh1234
30-04-17, 18:33
What an unlucky guy you are, having ALS and bone cancer, simultaneously.

Ben1989
22-03-18, 10:33
Hi all,

I've had a pain in my hand for way over a month now. It never bothered me because I thought I had obviously caught it on something and the pain would go.

However, upon investigation I notice that it is my bone that hurts not my muscle. The bone is where your wrist meets your hand, the bone that runs all the way up to your knuckles (on the small finger side).

Where I press the bone it is painful and I notice there is a significant lump compared to the other side where it is flat.

The pain has not subsidised or eased in any way. The pain has been there for way over a month.

I'm started to worry that it's a genuine cause for concern with relation to bone cancer. A lump, painful, hasn't gotten better...

Elen
22-03-18, 11:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Ben1989
22-03-18, 12:58
I understand the move/compilation however my original thread is different to this one I feel

utrocket09
22-03-18, 14:29
Bone cancer is more than just some pain. My aunt cancer that caused her bones to break. Believe me the pain with bone cancer is to where you cannot walk or use your hands. Could be just random pain.

Ben1989
22-03-18, 15:48
Bone cancer is more than just some pain. My aunt cancer that caused her bones to break. Believe me the pain with bone cancer is to where you cannot walk or use your hands. Could be just random pain.

Thank you for commenting and I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Did it start off as mildly painful though?

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

I forgot to mention that the pain is there when grabbing things such as door handles etc

Fishmanpa
22-03-18, 15:56
I have so many aches and pains that I can't get up out of a chair without grunting. It is what it is and it's not sinister. Nor are your symptoms.

You didn't have MS, ALS, Dementia nor do you have bone cancer. That being said, you do have severe HA.

You're always going to have physical niggles and I assure you it gets worse as you get older. You need to treat the real illness you do have. Talk to your doctor about meds and a referral for therapy. We can tell you this until we're blues in the fingers but only you can take action in real life.

Positive thoughts

utrocket09
22-03-18, 17:33
Thank you for commenting and I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Did it start off as mildly painful though?

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

I forgot to mention that the pain is there when grabbing things such as door handles etc

No her's was extreme pain to where she could not get up or walk. To the point where she broke her leg. She also got to the point where she wouldnt eat and was sleeping often. So no you dont have cancer

Ben1989
22-03-18, 19:45
I have so many aches and pains that I can't get up out of a chair without grunting. It is what it is and it's not sinister. Nor are your symptoms.

You didn't have MS, ALS, Dementia nor do you have bone cancer. That being said, you do have severe HA.

You're always going to have physical niggles and I assure you it gets worse as you get older. You need to treat the real illness you do have. Talk to your doctor about meds and a referral for therapy. We can tell you this until we're blues in the fingers but only you can take action in real life.

Positive thoughts

I appreciate what you’re saying but it’s a significant (comparatively speaking) lump that’s painful.

Phuzella
22-03-18, 19:49
So ddid the shin pain get better?

Fishmanpa
22-03-18, 19:58
So did the shin pain get better?

Apparently so.

I appreciate what you’re saying but it’s a significant (comparatively speaking) lump that’s painful.

Then you need to see a doctor. Let us know how you get on.

Positive thoughts

swajj
23-03-18, 09:38
Where are you at with your counselling? You can’t possibly still be waiting to see someone. So is your counselling helping you?

Ben1989
23-03-18, 19:27
I’m still waiting! The joys of the NHS. I applied for it December 2016.

With regards to my shin my doctor said I have shin splints. With my hand the pain has been here for weeks and weeks and hurts to use my hand

Josh1234
24-03-18, 03:13
16 months for therapy? What a shit system. You need help quick.