PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! Freaking out over this mole!!!

Bmorgy05
27-04-17, 22:03
Hello!
I have SEVERE anxiety which is usually debilitating. I've had this spot on my shin for at least a year, possibly two. It hard in the center and doesn't cause me any pain or irritation. Of course Dr. Google has diagnosed me with nodular melanoma and naturally I'm devastated. Please help!!!!

ScaredLizard
27-04-17, 22:26
We are not doctors but honestly no it doesn't look like any photos of melanoma. If you have had this for 2 years it's not anything to worry about. Cancer doesn't lay dormant until you find it. It grows and keeps growing. You do not have cancer. You have anxiety.

Please don't google! That's the worst possible thing you could do! I have lumps and bumps all over my body! I have fatty tumors called lipomas also. Try to find something to distract yourself from these anxious thoughts. I know it's hard but you're ok!

Warm regards.

lily1
27-04-17, 23:18
My partner has two like this they are pearly. The doctor isn't worried he has had them for years.

If you are worried just have it checked over x

Stu1980
28-04-17, 10:59
Hello!
I have SEVERE anxiety which is usually debilitating. I've had this spot on my shin for at least a year, possibly two. It hard in the center and doesn't cause me any pain or irritation. Of course Dr. Google has diagnosed me with nodular melanoma and naturally I'm devastated. Please help!!!!

Hi Bmorgy05

I have loads of these over my body and had them for years (I'm 37 now and had one on my back since I was in my early 20s and one on my chest!) Sometimes our bodies just grow things.

Mine appear to be Keloid scars, which look similar, from when I hate adult chicken pox. These are scars where your body produces too much collagen or something. It can happen with any skin injury I believe.

I am a total mole hypcondriac nut case, and even I wouldn't worry about this, especially as you've had it on your leg for a couple of years. But a quick trip to the docs or derm will put your mind at ease :bighug1:

Bmorgy05
28-04-17, 16:15
Thank you all for your encouraging words and insight!!! My doctor saw it through a picture and said it looked normal to him, my friend who's been a nurse for 20+ years laughed and said it was nothing then proceeded to show me all of her spots just like mine, and my Momma says it's all in my head! I wish I didn't do this to myself 😔

bin tenn
28-04-17, 16:34
Almost looks like a dermatofibroma, which is of course harmless. I have two that look exactly like that on my right leg. They're either dermatofibromas or moles without pigment - which is also not uncommon.

Fishmanpa
28-04-17, 16:42
I might freak out over this mole. Look at the teeth on that mole! :)

http://lawnseasons.com/images/mole02.jpg

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
28-04-17, 16:46
OMG Fishman you are hilarious! Love your posts!
I also don't think your mole looks concerning poster!

Loken11
29-04-17, 01:20
Ugh ok this is me right now except this is the 4th time I've convinced myself that my H has melanoma. He now has something that looks like this and I too have googled and found it to be modular melanoma. Whyyyy do we do this to ourselves?

My rational mind says it's just a scar from a pimple. Damn you anxiety.