PDA

View Full Version : Can you cause internal bleeding by poking your stomach ?

Jotia
27-04-17, 23:10
I keep getting worried I might have an appendicitis so I keep poking my stomach, seeing if it hurts, this evening I noticed when I press in on one particular spot it hurts, just down from my belly button on the right side. So I start freaking out thinking this is it I'm going to have to go to hospital. I try telling my self it's a just a tender spot and I poke the same spot on the opposite side to see, it hurts a little but not as much so I keep poking both sides and they kept hurting, the right one always more, and now my stomach generally hurts and I'm worried I have caused internal bleeding some how by poking it?

Catherine S
27-04-17, 23:32
Internal bleeding? Hitting it with an iron bar yes. Poking with a finger no. I've had my appendix removed and the pain wasn't a 'tender spot', it was being doubled up in agony. Stop poking and prodding. The right side is more tender because you have an appendicitis fear so you'll be poking that side harder. You are creating the pain yourself.

ISB ☺

ScaredLizard
28-04-17, 00:14
No poking it can cause irritation but not internal bleeding. I regularly have a 15 lbs cat try and use my body as a trampoline. You are ok :) Don't poke anymore though! You've probably hurt a muscle

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-17, 01:32
No poking it can cause irritation but not internal bleeding. I regularly have a 15 lbs cat try and use my body as a trampoline. You are ok :) Don't poke anymore though! You've probably hurt a muscle

:D

My dog does much the same charging in & jumping up my legs when he gets excited. :woof

ScaredLizard
28-04-17, 02:35
:D

My dog does much the same charging in & jumping up my legs when he gets excited. :woof

LOL I'll be dead asleep and suddenly I'll get pounced on right in the gut! Sometimes it hurts but hasn't killed me yet lol :D