PDA

View Full Version : Erratic Impulsive Behaviour

Peru83
28-04-17, 09:20
Can anyone relate to my blog? Would be good to know I'm not alone with it, as I do now worry that perhaps I have more wrong than just Anxiety & Depression.

http://pmacorner.com/i-am-a-living-breathing-contradiction/

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-17, 11:24
Is it reckless behaviour?

We all do impulsive things but we are also aware of consequence. Are you concerned that you aren't and whether there is mania involved?

Peru83
28-04-17, 12:13
You know what, I do wonder if it a bit of mania, as it's so :yahoo: That's why I just wondered if others who suffer from anxiety experience this from time to time.

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-17, 12:25
I do get a bit impulsive when buying things sometimes and a feel good for it. The trouble is, some level of this is going to be normal and it's hard to know where the line is. It's obvious with some things like reckless behaviour, uncharacteristic sexual behaviour, etc but spending is tricky. For a start, doctors obviously need to discount certain things e.g. you are female and you buy buy buy shoes :biggrin:, that's just normal! (Shameful stereotyping there :buttkick: but it makes an obvious example).

Like you, I've wondered about perhaps some low level mania. Due to my mood swings I went down path of bipolar but ruled any possibility out when I realised these behaviours started with a med.

I guess an obvious thing to do is look at it from a diagnostic angle. If you need 5x in a criteria but only have 2x or perhaps you are asked to rate the intensity and fall far short of needing to consult a GP?

Peru83
04-05-17, 22:24
Thanks Terry :) It helps to know I'm not alone, and for now I'm not as worried....until my next impulse lol