PDA

View Full Version : Morning Anxiety - PLEASE HELP

MN
28-04-17, 11:49
Could anyone give me some help with ANYTHING that help to alleviate morning anxiety. That feeling of dread on waking. (I'm assuming due to high cortisol levels)

I'm currently on 20mg Citalopram (1 x daily) (have been for 6 weeks) and 10mg Propranolol (3 x daily) (started these yesterday)

mornings are hell, afternoons are bearable (unless im at work) and evenings are really quite nice. Sleeping is ok but i wake up at 4.30am and have instant fear / anxiety.

PLEASE HELP ME.

ChildOfTheKing
29-04-17, 05:58
I have the same problem with morning anxiety. Best thing I can say is to exercise when you wake up. Eat a little something the moment you wake up and start exercising. You could just go for a walk or something, but get moving to get adrenaline out. Also before you sleep maybe listen to positive affirmations or do meditation.

snowghost57
29-04-17, 14:20
I don't give my anxiety a chance to creep in if I can help it. I get up and get busy. I make my bed, fix breakfast, take care of my cats and parrot. I'm between jobs right now so it is very easy for me to sit around and get anxious. Oops didn't realize that you were waking up at 4am I had the same problem with Zoloft. It was waking me you ill. Maybe check with your doctor?