PDA

View Full Version : Scary mole

Ihavelostmymarbles
28-04-17, 15:59
Well, I noticed a mole that's starting to develop a darker spot in it, so I made an appointment with a dermatologist. Unfortunately, I can't get in with them until mid June. I'm not letting myself worry right now because it's not going to speed up time, and I know that freaking out does way more harm than good. I'm wondering if dealing with a real health issue has actually helped me not panic as much? Now I know that I can handle "bad news", even though it's not something I enjoy. I really do need to learn how to be more patient though, and I need to stop fearing the sun :yesyes:

bin tenn
28-04-17, 16:32
I used to have awful fears of skin cancer, melanoma specifically. I looked at my moles multiple times per day, looking for changes. I often thought I saw drastic changes. Turns out my anxious mind was playing tricks on me - not unusual at all. Now I can't recall the last time I looked at any of them for the purpose of self-checking. But I do know that of mine also have dark specks in them. I hope all goes well with the derm.

Fishmanpa
28-04-17, 16:41
I guess some people would consider a mole scary... I think they're kinda cute actually :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/15/00/00713D5900000258-3492468-image-m-29_1458001957367.jpg

Positive thoughts

Ihavelostmymarbles
29-04-17, 03:01
Melanoma was what originally sent me into a health anxiety spiral after having a baby. I think I started to question my health so much at that point because I realized that one day I would actually die, and of course, poor decisions with tanning beds in the past along with a bunch of moles helped bring out my demons (anxiety/adhd).

I think I'm still worried, but it's so hard to constantly drag a coffin behind me 24/7, so I'm not burying myself until I need to.

Do you visit the dermatologist once a year?