PDA

View Full Version : Burning after wiping with baby wipe.

purplewitch
28-04-17, 22:41
Hey there,so I'm on my period right now,kinda the end of my period,so my vagina is kinda dry as this happens,and I just went to the bathroom,no burning when peeing,no blood,just brown discharge but I think this is still old blood from my period.Anywho,I always use baby wipes,and just like 15 minutes before I went to the bathroom I wiped myself just to see if I was still bleeding,and I still had left over paper stuck in my lady parts from peeing before.

But now I'm experincing pubic itching and slight burning,and of course my mind is going straight to an infection but it didnt hurt when I peed and now I feel like I need to urinate again but I feel like its kind of a placebo effect. I have health anxiety so the fear of having an infection and it turning into luekiema is my real problem here. Though has anyone ever had this or does it seem "normal"? Much thanks :)

Also I checked down there with a mirror and the side of my clitoris looks a little irritated,but not the inside or labia(s)
Forgot to add that my period started out brown,almost looked like discharge but it was old blood I guess? And now during the end its also brown.
Does this sound OK or

update: went to bathroom,didnt burn to pee lol,still would like answers tho

Now I'm scared I'm going to get sepsis because of this..I don't even know if its an infection still. great

ana
29-04-17, 10:59
It sounds like you've got issues with vaginal dryness, which is very common. I'd try looking at the kind of underwear you wear (preferably cotton), changing your daily pads often if you wear them throughout the day, making sure the area is clean and dry as sweat can make the bacteria start growing. Applying a water-based lubricant will also soothe the area.

As for baby wipes, perhaps they just don't agree with your skin? You could use cotton wool instead? Tear a piece, run it under the tap and use it to wipe. Water is best for your skin anyway. :)

snowghost57
29-04-17, 14:39
I wouldn't use baby wipes, they have a lot of chemicals on them. They are meant to clean a babies bottom not a woman's (lady parts). I never heard of anyone getting leukemia from a baby wipe. If you are still concerned talk to your talking about your period.

Bigboyuk
29-04-17, 15:58
I wouldn't use baby wipes, they have a lot of chemicals on them. They are meant to clean a babies bottom not a woman's (lady parts). I never heard of anyone getting leukemia from a baby wipe. If you are still concerned talk to your talking about your period. Really I am surprized as a babys skin is so delicate so wouldn't have thought there would be many chemicals in these wipes though. Like the Jonsons and Jonsons shampoo designed for babies no more tears but may be it's not the same for these wipes? I know Simple make wipes that are fragrance free etc hmm interesting discussion though :) Cheers

ana
30-04-17, 19:49
BigBoy, I see why you'd think that, but even the most sensitive intimate washes for women can cause dryness and irritation, which I assume is what's happened to the lady who made the thread. :)

Bigboyuk
30-04-17, 20:02
BigBoy, I see why you'd think that, but even the most sensitive intimate washes for women can cause dryness and irritation, which I assume is what's happened to the lady who made the thread. :) Yes thank you and can see your point too :) Cheers

MotoApenguin
02-05-17, 14:04
The thing is do not overthink. A wipes or napkin paper can cause irritation in the vagina and another way to clean your vagina after peeing is washing it. It is more safe when you do it.