PDA

View Full Version : I hate this :(

Hypomean
29-04-17, 03:14
Doing my hair tilt my head in an awkward position I hear/feel a crack in the back of my head and my jaw cracks painfully and it felt weird. HA is telling me I'm going to have a stroke. Rational mind telling me I'm tense sooooo tense my body is creaky. 😒😖😫 my jaw continues to crack every time I open my jaw.

I woke up from a nap earlier with my heart pounding. I thought I was having a heart attack...... yeah so much for fun Friday. Hope all of you are having a better time.

ScaredLizard
29-04-17, 03:41
First off huge hugs!

It sounds like your jaw and everything is tight from anxiety. I have TMJ Disorder and sometimes if I go to bed anxious? I will wake up with my jaw and neck in complete AGONY. Try and focus on not clenching your jaw. It's not easy but it also helps distract your anxiety thinking. I'll be like 'wait stop....is your jaw tight? Relax' it helps SO much

Warm Regards and very gentle hugs

walkerbull
29-04-17, 04:21
Heat 'pounding' is a common sign of anxiety, as your body tries to compensate the manifested "imminent" danger and thus increases flood flow to your hands and legs.

Hence the term "fight or flight".

MyNameIsTerry
29-04-17, 05:13
Wait until you get older, you will be able to play musical tunes with the cracks! :biggrin: (that's the bone cracks, not your, er, crack...:winks:)

The seizure worry, I'm guessing, is because of the uncommon cases where people have manipulatons that cause it? Those are much bigger things than simple cracks like this and considering how many manipulations are going on all over the world every day, uncommon is a very good thing!

Feeling a bit weird can easily come from a crack in the neck area. I've had that plenty of times.

swajj
29-04-17, 07:48
Heat 'pounding' is a common sign of anxiety, as your body tries to compensate the manifested "imminent" danger and thus increases flood flow to your hands and legs.

Hence the term "fight or flight".

You seem to know a lot about Health Anxiety. Especially for someone whose "mother" refuses to take him to the doctor to get help for it.

walkerbull
29-04-17, 13:57
You seem to know a lot about Health Anxiety. Especially for someone whose "mother" refuses to take him to the doctor to get help for it.

Am I obliged to respond to this?

Fishmanpa
29-04-17, 14:57
Am I obliged to respond to this?

Not at all. It's just an observation. The deletion of your thread, replies to other members and the sudden 180 on your irrationality is just "interesting".

Hopefully, it's a sign that you will be taking the advice given.

Positive thoughts

Hypomean
30-04-17, 08:11
First off huge hugs!

It sounds like your jaw and everything is tight from anxiety. I have TMJ Disorder and sometimes if I go to bed anxious? I will wake up with my jaw and neck in complete AGONY. Try and focus on not clenching your jaw. It's not easy but it also helps distract your anxiety thinking. I'll be like 'wait stop....is your jaw tight? Relax' it helps SO much

Warm Regards and very gentle hugs

😊 thank you for the hugs

I try to relax the jaw and yes it's tough. Besides remembering not to clench has anything else worked for you?

I had a better day today so that's a plus :)

---------- Post added at 07:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

Wait until you get older, you will be able to play musical tunes with the cracks! :biggrin: (that's the bone cracks, not your, er, crack...:winks:)

The seizure worry, I'm guessing, is because of the uncommon cases where people have manipulatons that cause it? Those are much bigger things than simple cracks like this and considering how many manipulations are going on all over the world every day, uncommon is a very good thing!

Feeling a bit weird can easily come from a crack in the neck area. I've had that plenty of times.

Oh boy all be the one band lady with just the bones cracking huh? Lol your comment made my day thank you.
Yes that is how that phobia came to me just hearing how some people have passed from cracking the necks. I woke up to a trembling jaw and pain. But I was able to meditate and notice it's just tension. I really don't like how for my time and panic my anxiety and irrational thoughts go through the roof 😕

bin tenn
30-04-17, 17:46
I just recently turned 30 and my bones definitely crack all the time. They have for several years. I do believe it's tension as well. Last time I saw my doc she asked about tension (I told her of my headaches) and I told her I also pop/crack all the time, sometimes with minimal movement. She said exercise should help that greatly.