PDA

View Full Version : New here

flyingalone
29-04-17, 11:37
:blush:
Hey everyone, I'm from the UK and am 19. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression for a few years now, and recently i've become physically ill and it's led to me developing a fear of leaving the house. I'm too anxious and every time I even think about a panic attack occurs. I can really talk about it fully and it's led to me dropping out of university and moving back home. i'm really struggling here and am also under a great deal of strain. :(

venusbluejeans
29-04-17, 11:53
Hiya flyingalone and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
29-04-17, 12:38
Hi And welcome to NMP flyingalone exactly in the same boat so there's room for one more ;) You have to come to the right place though :) :hugs:

snowghost57
29-04-17, 14:35
Welcome to the boards. There is a lot of information here. Are you seeing a CBT therapist? They can really help with your thought process. Have you tried just taking small steps to get outside? The fresh air and sunshine will do you a world of good.

flyingalone
29-04-17, 19:36
Thank you, SnowGhost57, I appreciate it a lot. No, I am currently not seeing any therapist. Perhaps I should seek what you suggest? :) I have tried taking small steps, I go into the garden and small walks at the minute; the sun definitely does help. Thank you.

snowghost57
30-04-17, 15:17
That's the thing about anxiety it will make us focus on the negative. Try and do something nice for yourself each day. I highly recommend seeing a therapist. They will will work with you and give you tools to cope with your anxiety. Sunshine and fresh air will generate natural endorphins in your brain as well, which will help you feel good.

Bigboyuk
30-04-17, 15:24
Baby steps are great BTW. So well done :)