PDA

View Full Version : Beansprouts

LF87
29-04-17, 13:04
Yes, beansprouts. I've managed to get myself into a stress about a vegetable. I had Chinese last night and decided to heat up some beansprouts and a bbq rib to have for lunch just now. I'm going out at 3 for a hen do so wanted something light.
Now I suddenly had this memory from somewhere in my head about reheating beansprouts, rice etc and that it can make you ill. Now I'm freaking out I'll be poorly today.
We didn't put it in the fridge overnight either. But i used to eat reheated, non refrigerated rice all the time and was fine, but I never do anymore since reading some daft article. I'll be OK with the beansprouts won't I?
Thanks x

maianixon
29-04-17, 13:40
i've reheated them multiple times, you'll be fine xx

Mindprison
29-04-17, 14:27
One of the takeaways in my area reheats rice and such all the time and I've never felt ill after any of it so I'm sure you'll be fine.

snowghost57
29-04-17, 14:30
I cook quite often with bean sprouts and eat them all the time. I never heard of them making anyone sick. Rice? Harmless.

Magic
29-04-17, 22:33
I have heard about reheating these foods. I do it all the time with rice and beansprouts, never makes me ill or anything.
I read on the internet you should not cook with foil as well. I bought some parchment paper,then when I was watching a cooking program on TV they were using foil with a piece of meat!!!!

Fishmanpa
29-04-17, 22:58
In the big picture and with respect, you have to see this...

You're looking at a health anxiety board. You see... Fear of Cancer, Tumor, Sepsis, Leukemia, Lymph nodes, Heart attack and then "Beanspouts" :huh:

Positive thoughts

ScaredLizard
29-04-17, 23:51
We regularly eat cold left over stir fry with beansprouts. I think you are ok op! If it will help your anxiety? STORE LEFTOVERS in the fridge :) Best way to avoid any ickies

LF87
30-04-17, 12:59
Thanks guys, I wasn't poorly, just a hangover to deal with today :wacko: