PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations going on for hours

gorillapanic
29-04-17, 14:56
I've been having palpitations for hours now and it's not slowing down. I don't feel anything else but my chest feels a little painful like how I feel every time I feel calm after a bad panic attack. I've felt like this before but it was like 2 years ago. Is there any way to calm myself down?

Mindprison
29-04-17, 15:03
When you say palpitations do you mean skipped beats or fast heart rate?

If it's a fast heart rate I've heard dipping your face in cold water and very gently pressing on the eyes can slow your heartbeat down. Taking slow, deep breaths from the stomach can also slow down your heartrate.

I get the occasional skipped beat but I don't really know anu ways to stop it, I'm sure others can give some advice on this.

If it persists it might be worth speaking to the doctor about it. Anxiety can also cause palpitations so that might also be causing them.

Good luck!

gorillapanic
29-04-17, 15:19
When you say palpitations do you mean skipped beats or fast heart rate?

If it's a fast heart rate I've heard dipping your face in cold water and very gently pressing on the eyes can slow your heartbeat down. Taking slow, deep breaths from the stomach can also slow down your heartache.

I get the occasional skipped beat but I don't really know anu ways to stop it, I'm sure others can give some advice on this.

If it persists it might be worth speaking to the doctor about it. Anxiety can also cause palpitations so that might also be causing them.

Good luck!

That would be fast heart rate. I'm getting really scared so I guess that's the reason why it isn't stopping too. I'll try the cold water thing and see what happens. Thank you so much.

ankietyjoe
29-04-17, 15:48
I've had this a few times (both around 120bpm for prolonged period). Took about a day for me to 'come down' in both instances.

I was under a lot of stress at the time, and anxiety made it worse. Not to mention I'd had a virus both times too.

I ended up in A&E both times, and both times nothing was found to be wrong.

I was advised to 'relax' a bit more in hospital.

Not always easy.......:huh:

ScaredLizard
29-04-17, 16:17
I have SVT and HR up to 170 sometimes. Put your face in ice water. Also plug your nose and breath out while bearing down. Both bring down the HR