PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

MamaBat
29-04-17, 15:33
I've suffered from HA for about 25 years now, ever since I found a lump in my leg at age 26, turned out to be a large (grapefruit-sized) osteochondroma. Benign, but the fear and trauma of the what-ifs triggered my lifelong general anxiety and I have never been the same. I was a mother of 3 young children then, and of course terrified that I was going to die. I had surgery which removed 90% of the tumor, surgeon couldn't get to a tiny piece, had follow-ups for 5 years at which point he told me to "go live my life" and that the chance of recurrence was so small, it would take me to age 90 to have it grow that large even if it did.
Well, I did live my life but am still plagued by medical worries about myself, my spouse, and especially my children. Any test, any ache or pain sets me off again, especially when under stress.
It helps to know I'm not alone, thank you for "listening."

venusbluejeans
29-04-17, 15:38
Hiya MamaBat and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
01-05-17, 17:17
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.