PDA

View Full Version : New to nmp

Emmy3105
29-04-17, 22:00
Hi.
I've been a regular lurker on here but decided to take the plunge and actually set up so I can actually post

I've had h/a for about 10 years but it gets easier as the years go on I actually deal with it all. I'm determined to actually not give a dam by the time I'm 30 (little over 3 years to go)

What's always "bothered" me is my heart. Like obviously I'm glad it works an all but it's just my main worry.

And recently I've been having heavy chest feelings and little pains in my chest now and then. But recently I've also been getting weird left arm feelings like pins and needles and numbness. As I'm google searching clean now (how perthetic does that sound 😂) I don't want to be ruining it and running straight to google to see what the crack is. In my heart I'm like it's just anxiety RELAX but my heads like ok something is seriously wrong

So yeah I'm just making sure that it's all in my head and there's actually nothing wrong with my heart

I'm sure now I'm officially joined there will be a gazillion different posts on my ridiculous anxiety related problems but right now I just want to make sure that I'm safe with this probelem ........ for now

bottleblond
29-04-17, 22:07
Hi Emmy

Welcome along. :hugs:

I'm so glad you have left Dr Google in the past. Unfortunately he has a rather over active imagination and is rarely right about anything!.

It's lovely to meet you.

Lisa
:flowers:

Mindprison
29-04-17, 22:08
Hi there and :welcome: to the forum.

I can relate, I've had health anxiety for about 10 years as well, major relapse 6 months ago and still getting through it.

Most of my worries are heart focused as well so I know where you're coming from. Heavy chest, heart palps, short of breath and all that good stuff. Had an echo a year ago for an unrelated reason and it came back fine, still doesn't stop me feeling like asking for an ECG just to tick all the boxes, it's a frustrating condition.

Don't worry about asking for advice, lots of helpful people here that can answer any questions you have. Hope you find some relief from your symptoms soon!

HopelessWorrier2011
29-04-17, 22:47
Welcome to NMP. This forum really does help especially in your darkest days. I find it useful to read back over my old posts and see how ridiculous and wrong I've been so many times. It's a good place to help others too as ur much more rational when it comes to somebody else's problems x

Catherine S
30-04-17, 00:38
Good to meet you Emily :)

ISB x

walkerbull
30-04-17, 03:45
:welcome: