PDA

View Full Version : Scared to lose weight.

Mav
29-04-17, 23:30
Okay, I am getting better in my health anxiety but it's long process and I do have a few things that still trigger my anxiety.

One is the whole idea of unexplained weightloss due to a serious illness. I actually have gained 10lbs since my anxiety started (likely from sitting around to scared to put my mind to anything).

Anyway, I want to lose some weight, but I'm worried it will to trigger my anxiety. I think I will keep a log of my food and excercise and my TDEE and weight. That way, I'll be able to see why the weight has come off.

Is this a good idea? is there a better way to keep the anxiety away and most of all, has anyone experinced a similar dillema?

NancyW
29-04-17, 23:53
Mav I don't understand this .. if you are actively trying to lose weight and you do, why would that trigger your anxiety?

Mav
30-04-17, 00:08
Mav I don't understand this .. if you are actively trying to lose weight and you do, why would that trigger your anxiety?

I feel like (and it's happen before), I see the weightloss on the scale and end up worrying about it. :/

NancyW
30-04-17, 00:18
I feel like (and it's happen before), I see the weightloss on the scale and end up worrying about it. :/

But your intention is to lose weight.. right?

Mav, I work for a large weight loss company that has been around for over 50 years. Tracking food and exercise is something we strongly encourage our members to do.. it's the feedback they need to help then understand why they are losing .. or why they are not.

I think journalling both your food and activity would help you .. you will see clearly what you've done instead of relying on your memory. We have many members who don't remember that they ate 1/2 dozen of donuts lol