PDA

View Full Version : Feeling empty

Waynemc73
30-04-17, 00:50
Hi

Anxiety sufferer ..on 220mg of venlafaxine ...for about 6 weeks about to start private therapy soon , im also a complete waste of space , 31 years of age guy...living alone most days I just feel alone ...no real idea of where my life is heading ...got no real idea of what I what I wanna do with my life ...just spend most days in my flat alone .....and tonight I stupidly logged back in to fb and seen my ex is with someone else ....I asked if she wanted to try again in January she said no ...can see why some men give up on life , I pretty much have ,

venusbluejeans
30-04-17, 00:59
Hiya Waynemc73 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bee84
30-04-17, 13:17
I'm 32 and only recently started to try to overcome my problems. One thing I know is attacking yourself doesn't help. Its the only person you have right now and is guaranteed to never leave you.

There's no need to wait for permission or for anything to come at you from outside yourself to be good enough. No one else can like someone more than they can like themselves.

Everytime these thoughts come up and I know its a lot, immediately replace it with something such as "I am improving everyday" etc. It wont be a lie. Calling yourself a waste if space is truly the lie.

Keep away from looking up to or identifying with others who have given up or resigned from their own lives. There are good and decent, successful people right now that have been through whatever you're going through.

I personally would never say you "lost" anything when she moved on. We are all meant to keep moving on. Life's meant to be a challenge with its own rewards for those strong and kind enough to themselves to become aware of their own adversities then turn away and overcome them.

Bigboyuk
30-04-17, 13:27
Hiya Waynemc73 Iam in the same boat for sure and yeah it's not good (: It's not just a lack of a relationship for me it's lack of friends so does hurt just the same! Yeah I too spend day after day,night after night in my house. The better weather is coming (so they keep saying) and I dread it big time so feel free to pm for a chat! And welcome back :) Interesting I actually do remember you now and remember the support/advice given by my self and others Hmm. Cheers

Waynemc73
03-05-17, 19:33
I didn't live before I got old

Bee84
03-05-17, 20:33
31 is not old!! :laugh: You've got lots and lots of time left. It doesn't matter what you think you did or didn't do before.

Some firmly believe that there is no past or future but just the present. It's an inspiring mindset when you keep feeling disillusionment.

Waynemc73
03-05-17, 22:32
Yeh was just thinking I'm just gunna try and make it to Friday and Not think any further