PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about symptoms please someone help

Hypo27
30-04-17, 01:07
Since yesterday while at work I felt my heart racing. Well when I got off work it's was around 110 and I developed chest pressure, lightheadedness, and just feeling horrible. Keep in mind I've also developed kinda of a sore throat, and bringing up mucus from my throat. I've also been sneezing real bad, watery eyes, and just feeling horrible. I went to the er last night had a ecg, chest X-ray, and blood work it was all normal. My heart rate at rest today just laying here is around 105 which really worries me. If I get up and walk around it raises even higher.

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Anyone had anything like this before? Could it be heart related?

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

My heart rate is going from 100 to 110 just lying on my back. I don't know what to do it's really worrying me though..

ScaredLizard
30-04-17, 01:14
It's anxiety/stress/illness or allergies.

Push fluids and rest and you will be fine. Some days my HR is 100-105 all day long.

swajj
30-04-17, 01:21
I've had it before. It was anxiety. If tests show you are fine then you are fine. Let it go.

Hypo27
30-04-17, 01:37
Thanks guys. Another thing that worries me is I can feel every heart beat. Is it possible this is an infection of some sort? My white blood cell count was high at like 13.0. Do you have to have fever with illness to have a fast heart rate?

ScaredLizard
30-04-17, 01:40
Thanks guys. Another thing that worries me is I can feel every heart beat. Is it possible this is an infection of some sort? My white blood cell count was high at like 13.0. Do you have to have fever with illness to have a fast heart rate?

You have a cold or flu it sounds like from your OP. You don't have to have a fever to have a WBC that is up. You feel every heart beat because you are focusing on it and hyper vigilant to your body. I do that too it sucks but is normal

Hypo27
30-04-17, 02:01
Do you have to have a fever to have a high heart rate? My heart is beating so hard I can see it moving my stomach up and down

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

I can feel it beating in my neck too...

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

I've been having ongoing shortness of breath also for the past 2 years which has been getting bad also. I've read this could be pulmonary hypertension and when I saw a cardiologist a couple months ago he mentioned it. I hope that's not what's wrong :(

ScaredLizard
30-04-17, 02:24
Do you have to have a fever to have a high heart rate? My heart is beating so hard I can see it moving my stomach up and down

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

I can feel it beating in my neck too...

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

I've been having ongoing shortness of breath also for the past 2 years which has been getting bad also. I've read this could be pulmonary hypertension and when I saw a cardiologist a couple months ago he mentioned it. I hope that's not what's wrong :(

Your ER trip your tests were fine.

You have anxiety. You need to consider talking to your doctor about your anxiety disorder.

Gentle hugs

Hypo27
30-04-17, 15:21
I really think this is pulmonary hypertension is anyone familiar with it?

Fishmanpa
30-04-17, 15:30
No Hypo... It's anxiety and you're hyper-aware of every little niggle. You're so focused on this that you're consciously and sub-consciously focusing on your heart.

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
30-04-17, 17:04
I don't know.. I've done a lot of research on PH and it really relates to my symptoms. I read a story of a guy just two years older than me, and it sounds just like my symptoms. Going to the hospital countless times for my shortness of breath, chest tightness, and lightheadedness. My symptoms have been progressive and that's why I really believe it is PH..

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Now I can't even see the cardiologist for a follow up because my health insurance at my work is no longer active. They are currently trying to get new insurance, but in the meantime I can't even see a doctor unless I pay 80 out of pocket.. But I can't see a cardiologist without insurance..

Fishmanpa
30-04-17, 17:21
I don't know.. I've done a lot of research on PH and it really relates to my symptoms. I read a story of a guy just two years older than me, and it sounds just like my symptoms. Going to the hospital countless times for my shortness of breath, chest tightness, and lightheadedness. My symptoms have been progressive and that's why I really believe it is PH..

You ask for help, get reasonable, logical answers and dismiss them. Why even bother to ask if you know more than all the doctors and scientific medical testing? (that have all been normal). Since you've googled, then you know it occurs in mostly people over 40 and affects less than .06% of the population. Nope... can't be allergies (which are brutal this year) or anxiety :lac:

I guess that puts you between a rock and a hard place.

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

ScaredLizard
30-04-17, 17:21

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Now I can't even see the cardiologist for a follow up because my health insurance at my work is no longer active. They are currently trying to get new insurance, but in the meantime I can't even see a doctor unless I pay 80 out of pocket.. But I can't see a cardiologist without insurance..

Pulmonary Hypertension is diagnosed with x-rays. You had x-rays at the ER. You are fine. You have anxiety. You need to consider seeing a dr about your anxiety though

Hypo27
01-05-17, 13:03
You ask for help, get reasonable, logical answers and dismiss them. Why even bother to ask if you know more than all the doctors and scientific medical testing? (that have all been normal). Since you've googled, then you know it occurs in mostly people over 40 and affects less than .06% of the population. Nope... can't be allergies (which are brutal this year) or anxiety :lac:

I guess that puts you between a rock and a hard place.

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

Wow it's really that rare?

Mindprison
01-05-17, 14:54
Google is not your friend and it certainly isn't researching either. The Internet is full of garbage, you search for a symptom and I guarantee you on the first page will be something to do with cancer or some other fatal condition. What it doesn't list is the thousands of other minor ailments that can cause said symptoms.

As fishmanpa said, if you can't trust your doctor and accept that you've had all the tests done and been cleared for anything sinister then there's really nothing we can say to change your mind. But take it from someone who fell down this same rabbit hole twice, Googling symptoms is NOT researching, it's reassurance seeking and when it tells you that your symptoms are life threatening (and it will because Google is stupid) then all you're doing is pushing yourself further down the rabbit hole.

Your doctor has spent most of his life studying, training and practicing medicine. If you can't trust them then who can we trust?

Good luck with your anxiety treatment!