PDA

View Full Version : Benner08

benner08
02-05-07, 04:32
Hi everyone,

After mentioning to my doctor that I was having some "minor indigestion" problems, he has ordered me to have an endoscopy. I am terrified at the thought and don't know if I can go through with it. I'm afraid of the procedure, the drugs they give, and what they might find. Has anyone ever gone through a similar ordeal?

I'm new to the site and appreciate whatever encouragement you can give.

Thanks to all :weep:

Eva
02-05-07, 05:56
Not sure what an endoscopy is, but I've just had a gastrocopy done, for similar symptoms. They give you a sedative and spray your tongue to make it numb, then put a tiny camera down your throat, which takes photos of your stomach etc.,
Discovered that my stomach was extremely raw (red) and I had an ulcer. This obviously has been caused by extreme stress which I believe creates excess acid. So this condition of ours, no doubt, has alot of side affects.
Hope all goes well for you, and try not to worry too much. It's good that they are doing this - will help to ease your mind. Let us know how you get on.
Eva:yesyes:

trac67
02-05-07, 08:18
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

honeybee3939
02-05-07, 08:53
Hi Benner

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here i hope we can be of some help.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Acable12
02-05-07, 09:20
Hi Mate,

Don't know if that is the camera down the throat thing but if it is I wouldnt worry about it to much. I had one done a few years ago now and they give you a choice of wether or not you want to be sedated. I chose not to as I had the whole day booked off work and didnt want to spend it feeling all dazed and sleepy. They just sprayed the back of my throat to numb it slightly then they get on with it. I wasn't very comfortable and it wasnt the nicest experience but it didn't hurt at all and was nowhere near as bad as I had convinced myself it was going to be. You will be fine.