PDA

View Full Version : painful mole on eyelash line

TBPowa
01-05-17, 17:23
on my left lower lid's eyelash line i have a very small mole like brown dot that feels really sore. i have no idea if it was there before but i felt pain in this place for a while. a mole there wouldn't really bother me but since it is painful i am absolutely terrified. i can't go see a dermatologist since my parents don't take me seriously, what can i do??????

Catherine S
01-05-17, 18:26
Generally speaking, moles aren't painful. What you describe sounds like a stye which is a small abcess, or it could just be an infected eyelash follicle. Very painful but harmless. Either have a word with your doctor about the best way to treat it, or just ask your local pharmacist. They usually recomended drops and eye ointment and not to irritate it further by wearing contact lenses if you wear them, or mascara etc until it's cleared up.

Hope that helps
ISB ☺

TBPowa
01-05-17, 19:25
i went to see my school nurse and she said it was indeed a mole and that she doesn't know why it hurts so much. i really can't go see a doctor or a derm so i'm pretty darn scared.

Catherine S
01-05-17, 20:35
School nurse. How old are you? Ideally you should be asking your parents for help. Is that not possible?

ISB

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

You don't have to reply, ive just read your previous threads. You need to take this up again with your parents.

ISB

TBPowa
02-05-17, 00:20
i'm actually 15... and i talked about this to my dad but he made me feel worse than i already do...

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

both the school nurse and the pharmacist said it was a mole but my grandmother and my dad said it looked like a forming stye. starting to think of it, it's starting to look like a hole and an eyelash is coming out of it or at least near it... my dad will get me an appointment to an optometrist soon, so ill get answers on what that is. still, i didn't know styes apparently can start like this

TBPowa
13-05-17, 03:36
it still hurts after weeks and the mole didn't change i think so the pain might be visual fatigue or something