PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a horrible tickle in my thraot.

Mav
02-05-17, 02:03
It started 5 minutes ago and I'm having a coughing fit and it's starting to stress me out.

I'm hydrated, I drank a ltr of water not long ago.

Pollen count is low, so what is this? :mad:

Jotia
02-05-17, 02:05
Just a tickle, that's all. Everyone gets a tickle now and then. I had one earlier that was making me cough on and off for a few hours. All gone now tho.

bin tenn
02-05-17, 04:04
I also get the tickle feeling in my throat from time to time. Sometimes it's very short lived, and sometimes it sends me into quite a coughing fit. No biggie.

Jackrabbit
02-05-17, 04:37
Drink something hot like tea or lemon water with a spoonful of honey. That should help

MyNameIsTerry
02-05-17, 05:18
It could be many things. Something catching in your throat as you swallow, breathing something in that caused momentary irritation (like when you swallow a fly) dust, etc.

This ones about your anxious reaction because this is a very normal, everyday type of thing anyone can experience.

Rationalise it - you know it's nothing, it's just triggered your anxiety, it will pass.

axolotl
02-05-17, 10:13
You've had a tickle in your throat for 5 minutes before running to this forum for reassurance? That may be a record...

Most people wouldn't even give this a second thought and just have a glass of water. Running for instant reassurance isn't healthy - you need to be able to rationalise that you're a complicated machine and there will be little blips and burbles and aches and pains and spots and scratches every day... 99.9999% of them mean nothing and wouldn't even be noticed or worried about if you hadn't got anxiety.