PDA

View Full Version : advice?

TBPowa
02-05-17, 13:08
hello! lately i have been having problems with my health anxiety about skin cancers of all types. i have a new mole, i convince myself it's cancer. i have had a shoe bite scar that is like a but and is scaly and i'm sure it's cancer. i worry about my eczema excessively and summer is coming and i feel that fear is gonna ruin it. i would appreciate some advice on how to deal with this since i don't really know how to. also i see a therapist that helped me for a while but now the tricks seem to not have any effect

Fishmanpa
02-05-17, 13:16
hello! lately i have been having problems with my health anxiety about skin cancers of all types. i have a new mole, i convince myself it's cancer. i have had a shoe bite scar that is like a but and is scaly and i'm sure it's cancer. i worry about my eczema excessively and summer is coming and i feel that fear is gonna ruin it. i would appreciate some advice on how to deal with this since i don't really know how to. also i see a therapist that helped me for a while but now the tricks seem to not have any effect

Does your therapist know that you're participating on the forum?

Positive thoughts

TBPowa
02-05-17, 13:35
Does your therapist know that you're participating on the forum?

Positive thoughts

i think she does actually

Fishmanpa
02-05-17, 14:39
i think she does actually

You "think" she does? I ask because you would know if you discussed it. Your answer indicates that's not the case and it's vital to your recovery to do so. Reassurance seeking will keep you in the loop of anxiety and that's what you're trying to break free of.

So advice? Continue with therapy. Work hard on the techniques you're being taught and speak to your therapist about your participation on the forum and how that impacts your recovery.

Positive thoughts