View Full Version : Positive Songs

Noivous
02-05-17, 17:24
Dr. John Accentuate the Positive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTMWNWrE3Uc

flipp
03-05-17, 01:57
Hi Nathan :D.

I like the song Happy,it always makes me smile.:D.

jamiebythesea
03-05-17, 08:41
walking on sunshine - Katrina and the waves

Noivous
03-05-17, 11:32
The Kinks. Get Up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70rBL77Un28

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

Great picks by Karina and Jamie!:)

Bee84
03-05-17, 11:44
Something inside so strong by Labi Siffre

Buster70
03-05-17, 12:51
Now it might seem a weird one but then I am a bit of weird one , R.E.M. It's the end of the world as we know it ( but I feel fine ) I just find it gives me a boost .

MyNameIsTerry
03-05-17, 12:59
I also take positive to mean things that make you feel good or smile. So, with that in mind, I give you Black Lace - We're having a gangbang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXtx6N3ww7Y

We're having a gang bang
We're having a ball
We're having a gang bang
Against the wall
We'd like you to join us
It's part of the fun!
Oh a gang bang is the thing to do
But it takes more than one
A gang bang is a game we play
It's something of joke
It's lots of hokey-pokey
Less hokes and lots of pokes
It's for the girls and for the boys
It livens up the night
It's better when you're crowded
And when you're packed in tight
CHORUS
And now the action's taking place
I'm ready for my fill
It's up to expectations
And it's going further still
But don't be greedy, share it out
It's time to try some more
So find a friend, play the game
That's what a gang bang's for!
CHORUS (x4)
A gang bang is the thing to do
We'd like to give you one

KeeKee
03-05-17, 12:59
Not 'happy' songs but I personally always feel good listening to Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise. LOVE that mans voice beyond words.

jamiebythesea
03-05-17, 14:04
Here comes the sun - beatles

Buster70
03-05-17, 14:22
Wow terry you are class, your record collection must be really somthing do you have the birdy song ?
Lynyard skynard / free bird ( may well be spelt wrong )

MyNameIsTerry
03-05-17, 14:28
Wow terry you are class, your record collection must be really somthing do you have the birdy song ?
Lynyard skynard / free bird ( may well be spelt wrong )

Absolutely, Buster! :D

It's next to Chas & Dave. Watching the recent snooker on BBC2 has meant a need for Snooker Loopy too! :roflmao:

Lucinda07
03-05-17, 14:51
The Black Lace song featured in the comedy film Rita, Sue & Bob too. Lots of fun!

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Watch the clip on You Tube!:D

Fishmanpa
03-05-17, 15:26
This is one of my favorites. I perform it in my "Scrubs" set. It's about finding the beauty and positive things despite the negativity in the world and life.

A cool live performance - Colin Hay - Beautiful World (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkME8kUzPe0)

Positive thoughts

Carnation
03-05-17, 16:32
Oh Happy Day (As featured on Sister Act)
H.A.P.P.Y. by Edwin Starr.

I Also like Flipp's choice of Happy, so I am well in to the 'Happy' theme.:)

But if I want to feel good and even have a dance, I opt for 'I feel Dancing' by The Scissor Sisters.

Sorry, to be so greedy, but when it comes to music there is so much choice. :shrug:
My friend Noivous will also know that I love!! 'Bare Necessities' from The Jungle Book too.

Noivous
03-05-17, 17:37
Carnation! You've got such great taste in music:winks:

Satchmo - The Bare Necessities

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbUv_Tnnl2g

Buster70
03-05-17, 22:23
Ahh Mr T I knew you'd be a chas and Dave fan gercha, watched Benidorm tonight and madness where on it apt for this site and great fun songs , "madness madness they call it madness , grey day is my favourite but not a happy song so we'll go for our house , I could pick a song every day for the next year , music does lift the mood .:)

Carnation
03-05-17, 23:31
'Always look on the Bright Side of Life' - (Monty Python).

MyNameIsTerry
04-05-17, 04:42
Ahh Mr T I knew you'd be a chas and Dave fan gercha, watched Benidorm tonight and madness where on it apt for this site and great fun songs , "madness madness they call it madness , grey day is my favourite but not a happy song so we'll go for our house , I could pick a song every day for the next year , music does lift the mood .:)

The classics! "baggy trousers".

I always liked Ian Durie's Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Now where did I put that Jive Bunny mix?:whistles:

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 ----------

The Black Lace song featured in the comedy film Rita, Sue & Bob too. Lots of fun!

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Watch the clip on You Tube!:D

Glad you liked it, Lucinda. It is a classic film.

My mum went to see the stage version. She said it was very funny and the car scene was even funnier.

Siobhan Finneran has certainly had a wide range of roles over the years.

Buster70
04-05-17, 20:42
One for flipp , haven't forgotten about you , Men at work / down under , I did think R.E.M. Every body hurts but too depressing or the muppets theme tune to happy , so men at work , or maybe midnight oil / beds are burning , my mind is very fickle at the moment so take your pick and hope you are getting by .:hugs:

flipp
05-05-17, 02:56
Thanks Buster,bloody good choices,midnight oil have got back together and are touring the country,seen em a few times,and men at work's Down Under is a great song..:hugs:
Terry I was going to put down Hit me with your rhythm Stick!so now it's
Ian Duty,Clever Trevor.:D.

jamiebythesea
05-05-17, 09:04
come on eileen - dexys midnight runners

Carnation
05-05-17, 09:56
I also love 'Men at Work', Buster and Flipp. :D

Fishmanpa
05-05-17, 13:07
I also love 'Men at Work', Buster and Flipp. :D

I posted a Colin Hay song. For those that don't know... Colin Hay was the lead singer of Men at Work. I'm a big fan. I've seen him perform and also perform several of his songs in my show.

Positive thoughts

Carnation
05-05-17, 13:13
Well I didn't know that FMP and there is not much I don't know about music. :D

Carrie8484
05-05-17, 14:19
"Oh what a beautiful mornin' " from Oklahoma. My grandad used to whistle it all the time. We played it at his funeral so it's bitter sweet for me but I know he loved it and it is a happy song :)

Noivous
05-05-17, 18:37
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w40ushYAaYA

Yes Carrie a lot of positive songs in musicals for sure. Gene Kelly's in such a positive mood here he's Singin' in the Rain.

Carnation
05-05-17, 19:36
Hi Carrie :flowers: What a lovely song to have at a funeral.

Buster70
06-05-17, 00:09
Didn't know Colin hay either you learn somthing new everyday unfortunately I forget somthing to make room for it so now I don't know where my car keys are , used to think fields of gold / sting or Eva Cassidy would be a good funeral song but if I did have it , it would have to be followed by the benny hill theme tune and everybody running out in a line round the grounds :roflmao:

flipp
06-05-17, 01:09
I love Eva Cassidy's version of a Wonderful World,and have seen Colin Hay and his wife perform at a pub in Byron Bay years ago,bloody great.
Hey N. listening to Rodney Carrington's ... Don't look now momma's got her boobs out,lol.x.:D.

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-17, 04:49
Always loved this one by Seal, Get It Together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywiFaby6-g

Always thought he had an amazing voice.