PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Ireland! New here...

TrickyD
02-05-17, 19:59
Hi,

After lurking around this great site for ages, I have finally bitten the bullet and joined up!

I live in Dublin, Ireland.

I suffer from GAD and Panic Attacks and have a certain level of Agoraphobia that I am working on defeating. I had a good run since 2010 with just some minor anxieties here and there and mild Agoraphobic, however it flared up again 3 months ago (2017) and I am currently struggling a bit with driving, working and with those damn frightening intrusive thoughts!! (anyone else get them??)

I am currently on Mirtazapine 30mg, just under a month.

I was on Lexapro 10mg since 2010, but it just seemed to stop being as effective, so I am off that a month now.

I also have Olanzapine (low dose) to help with the GAD and intrusive thoughts, but I am trying not to take it as I am afraid of being stuck on it and it dulls me. It does work though.

I am looking to start CBT too, if I can find a good therapist in Co. Dublin.

Best Wishes to all

R.

venusbluejeans
02-05-17, 20:05
Hiya TrickyD and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

TrickyD
02-05-17, 20:15
Thanks Emmz!

Yes, I read an article earlier on symptoms

No More Panic > Articles > Symptoms

It had great info on the Intrusive Frightening Thoughts, which I have found very helpful and it has eased some of my worries.

I hope to make a few friends on here as it does get a bit lonely dealing with this. It's not the kind of thing you bring up in company :)

Bigboyuk
02-05-17, 20:16
HI TrickyD and welcome to NMP. Yeah relapse do happen from time to time. And iam sure you will succeed again :)I agree it does get a tad lonely, but you aren't alone!! Good luck Cheers

prionsias
02-05-17, 21:44
Hi,

After lurking around this great site for ages, I have finally bitten the bullet and joined up!

I live in Dublin, Ireland.

I suffer from GAD and Panic Attacks and have a certain level of Agoraphobia that I am working on defeating. I had a good run since 2010 with just some minor anxieties here and there and mild Agoraphobic, however it flared up again 3 months ago (2017) and I am currently struggling a bit with driving, working and with those damn frightening intrusive thoughts!! (anyone else get them??)

I am currently on Mirtazapine 30mg, just under a month.

I was on Lexapro 10mg since 2010, but it just seemed to stop being as effective, so I am off that a month now.

I also have Olanzapine (low dose) to help with the GAD and intrusive thoughts, but I am trying not to take it as I am afraid of being stuck on it and it dulls me. It does work though.

I am looking to start CBT too, if I can find a good therapist in Co. Dublin.

Best Wishes to all

R.
hi ya,, new here myself and also from Ireland(from the real capital):)

Izukyu
02-05-17, 22:48
Hey welcome (: I'm new as well and I live very close to Ireland!

I hope you'll find a lot of support on here and in real life~

TrickyD
02-05-17, 22:51
Thanks BigboyUK and Prionsias...

Oh, and for those that don't know... Cork is the REAL capital of Ireland! :D

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

Thanks Izukyu!