PDA

View Full Version : i was ok - so why did i panic???

honeybee
02-05-07, 15:30
ok... so about 15 mins ago i was sunbathing in the garden... home alone... my boyfriend is in work... i had a call off my boyfriend's twin who asked

"are you at home? is it ok to come around and pick up my bike? im just around the corner"

(he'd come around on a push bike the other day, got bit pissed and decided to get a lift home instead, bike was still here)....

"yeah that's fine" i replied "see you in a min"

now i see this guy on a pretty much 'every other daily basis'... he's a lovely guy... i had nothing to be scared of BUT i felt instant panic as soon as i put the phone down....

i started crying and sweating and shaking and thinking i was gonna faint infront of him and he'd think i was a tw*t... i called my boyfriend and got him to just talk to me so i'd be distracted from my thoughts... i was a wreck

UNTIL

he actually arrived... as soon as he got here my panic disappeared almost instantly...

SO WHY THE F* DID I PANIC IN THE FIRST PLACE???

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND..... GRRRR... ITS SOOOO ANNOYING

shoegal
02-05-07, 15:44
Dear Honeybee,

OMG! That happened to me! One of my AVON customers phoned and said they were passing and asked if they could collect their AVON order. I said 'yes', and as soon as I put the phone down I had a terrible panic attack and I ended up in tears wondering what I was going to do. When they eventually came round, I ran out and gave them their parcel in the drive and we had a quick chat and I was fine.
It really upset me that I panicked like that because I really like the woman who came round, there was no reason for me to panic. I wonder if it has something to do with being caught off guard or maybe being too tired or something? :shrug:

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know you are not the only one.

Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

bottleblond
02-05-07, 15:45
Honey i'm right here with you on this one, believe me! up till a few weeks ago, i loved having tea with my friends every morning after kids had gone to school!, now i dread it, even if just one of them comes into my house for a cupa, i start to panic, i start to think "what if i have a panic attack" they know i have this but have never saw me actualy have an attack. I dread it, i really do! Like i said, up until a few weeks ago, this was just the norm for me, we were always in each others houses, now i jst panic at the thought of be in company!

I'm even patrified of having an attack in fron of my son, last time i had one, i even put the dog out the back garden coz even the thought of him seeing was a nightmare!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! it's just so damn frustrating!!

Love n hugs honeybee
:hugs:
Lisa
xxx

beadbabe
02-05-07, 15:51
hi there
this is exactly the kind of thing I experience and what makes it so hard to get to grips with.
Yesterday when I had my biggest panic attack in ages, I was doing my yougnest boys nursery drop-off (which I hate doing anyway) but I managed to have a nice chat with a new mum there. But as soon as the conversation finished and I went back to waiting in line to pick up, I had the severest panic attack where I really thought that was it this time.
I don't get it - you just think you're doing well when it hits you from nowhere. It's all so unfair and unpredictable.
My hypnotherapist says if you are having panic attacks your anxiety levels are so high anyway that it only takes the slightest bit of stress or extra adrenaline released in some way to tip it into panic. Which does make sense.
bead

honeybee
02-05-07, 15:53
oh thanks for your replies guys...

shoegal... it quite funny reading that you had exactlly the same thing as me... it probably is the off guard thing, but if he'd arranged to come around yesterday then i just would've spent ages getting panicy instead... oh i dunno, im absolutely fine if i see him normally... oh its so stupid

hi bottleblond.. stupid isnt it? my boyfriend's twin knows i get panic attacks too but i think im just so scared of looking stupid infront of people... so irrational isnt it? just for the record though i dont think your dog will think any different of you for having a panic attackl :winks:

xx

bottleblond
02-05-07, 16:18
LMAO Honey!!

ya never know tho! my dog has a wicked sense of humour, he'd prob tell all his other wee doggy friends, then that would be it! i would be considered the street nut!! tut tut xxx hehexxx

honeybee
02-05-07, 20:24
hi beadbabe...

yeah its mad when it hits you so quickly... but to be honest i find it even harder to understand when it disappears in an instant... but hey who here understands any of it??? i dont....

bottleblond...

LOL... you've got me in stiches... but i know as much as im laughing now, the next time i have a panic attack i wont be able to look at my dog in the same way... oh great... we can be the dog's gossip together

belle
02-05-07, 20:56
Hi..

WELL DONE :)

I can remember these feelings and i still get it sometimes now.

I recall one day that i would say was the worst. We always use to do internet grocery shopping because i couldn't let my ex go out to the supermarket, the only problem being was the delivery guy dropping the stuff off. The night i am talking about i was freaking out so much, i went and sat upstairs with my earphones on for 30 minutes before he was due to drop off and i stayed up there for 30 minutes past delivery time. I went downstairs only to find out that he was delayed - BY AN HOUR. I was really panicking by now. I went and sat back in my room and waited for another hour.
It was a horrible time.

I also recall a time when i had a guy round to service my heater and i had to in fact ask him to leave for a couple of minutes while i calmed down!!!!!!!!

I was alway scared in case i panicked in front of these strangers. For me it got SO bad i couldn't have anyone in my house apart from my mother and ex.
I had no one around for ages. I would also freak out if alot of people were hanging around the streets for some reason.

I am offering no advice here.......SORRY!!!!

groovygranny
02-05-07, 21:10
Panic's like that 'aint it honeybee?

I was looking forward to belly bancing last nite but when I arrived I panicked...cos I got my foot caught between the windscreen and the steering wheel of my car...

....but that's another story!:wacko:

Lasted about 15mins though...hot flushes the lot!!! :huh:

Sorry, I truly don't mean to sound insensitive to your plight Honeybee........I'm sure you don't look stupid in front of other people so please don't worry about it......

......I do it all the time!

:hugs:

honeybee
03-05-07, 00:14
ok firstly... sarah...

i know how you feel... i've recently started doing an online tesco shop... not because going there makes me anxious but because it f*ing stresses me out, plus my boyfriend also buys loadsa munchies and i end up spending an extra loada dosh... so i figured doing it online would a) save money and b) be more relaxing... but when im there waiting for the delivery guy i get really fresked out but again as soon as he turns up im ok... strange... dont worry you're not offering advice ~ you're offering me supports and letting me know im not the only one which is really cool... thanks...

and secondly, GG

how the f*ck did you get your foot caught between the windscreen and the steering wheel???

on second thoughts, forget about it... there there... :hugs:

Brandy snap
03-05-07, 03:03
This reminds me of the time the telephone engineer rang to say he would be round in a few minutes. I really panicked and rang my husband at work, and when the engineer came he said 'No need to panic - I'll keep out of your way' and I'm convinced he had been on our line in the road when he rang and had heard my panicky conversation with my husband. Didn't know where to look as felt so stupid. Brandy Snap