PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine

jb2112
02-05-07, 15:56
I've been taking 150mg of venlafaxine for 9 days - how long does it take to start working - is it likely I'll start feeling sick/wierd when it does??

Any advice appreciated
thanks
JB

nomorepanic
02-05-07, 19:07
Not sure as I have never used it but use the search facility or scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see some "Similar threads" that may help.

sarah1984
03-05-07, 20:56
Hi JB,
Most anti-depressants take about 4 to 6 weeks to show signs of improvement and from personal experience, I would say a couple of months till they're working at their full potential.

jb2112
04-05-07, 17:42
Thanks Sarah1984

do the side effects improve as you use venlafaxine (ie does your body get used to the meds) or do they last for the time you use the meds?

sorry for the questions - just appreciate advice of anyone that's been on venlafaxine for a while...

Thanks all
JB

jo61
04-05-07, 19:52
Hi JB, I've been on it since last summer. It never did anything for me unfortunately. I had the worst side effects when I started but after a couple of weeks they subsided. I'm now trying to come off it over the past few months. Got down to zero and started to struggle so have had to reintroduce some and then gradually withdraw even more slowly. My brother is on it and thinks its the best thing that's ever happened to him. Goes to show, different strokes for different folks. PM me if you need any advice. I've been on loads of medications and some work, some don't so hopefully if you haven't had side effects after 9 days it may work for you.

Take care.
:hugs:

weepinky
04-05-07, 20:30
hi jb, I've been on these for about 3 months now, they took about 1 month for me to see an improvement, the side effects disappeared after about 2 weeks........ you won't feel sick or weird they they kick in just calmer, I have to say they have worked for me so I hope they do for you. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!!!

Take Care

Luv Pinky

bottleblond
05-05-07, 15:03
I have been on these for few years, they have worked for me but i think my body is so used to them now that i have to have a change.

One thing with these though, always remember to eat with them because they will make you feel sick if you don't

Best of luck and i'm sure you will feel better soon.

Lisa
xxx

jb2112
05-05-07, 17:09
cheers Lisa

- I know I should just get on with it and take them/wait and see but I've been ill for a while and am feeling spaced out/wierd so I'm hoping this will go pretty soon.

Thanks again
JB

jb2112
06-05-07, 10:27
I don't think I can keep going on like this - feel awful today - nausea/hot/nervous. Is it worth it?

JB

Jimbo
06-05-07, 11:05
It will get better, I've been on them for a few months now.

All the side effects are gone and I think they are having some positive effect now.

It took me a couple of weeks for the unpleasant side effects to slowly go away, so it's still early days.

Jim

weepinky
06-05-07, 15:46
Hi Jb

That may be symptoms of anxiety/depression not the meds....... Your on day 12 so any side effects should start to disappear within a week or so. I'd say keep at it! your nearly there hun.:yesyes:

Luv Pinky

jb2112
13-05-07, 11:36
Thanks for the advice everyone.

still trembling/shaking/weak everyday until approx 2pm - could the dose be too high?? (110mg) or should I keep going? could this mean that it may not/will not work for me?

Thanks
JB

sarah1984
13-05-07, 19:16
JB, if I were you, I would make an appointment to see the doc. Is it 2 weeks now or more that you've been taking it?

weepinky
13-05-07, 23:10
jb, could I ask what dose you started off on???????

Pinkyx

jb2112
14-05-07, 16:24
Hi weepinky

started on 75 and then increased to 150 after a week - still on 150 & have been taking this for 2 weeks now... but trembling and shakes/nausea still continuing

thanks
JB